Admin password

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Larski

Admin password
Basically put my young daughter changed the Admin password and forgot it
"just to get past the stupid change password prompt". Now I cannot login as
Admin. Needless to say this brings about several others issues re: updates
etc. Is there any way to have the password reset or I can login with another
ID and change the Admin password? We can login to other users just not the
Admin. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.
Charlie Tame

Re: Admin password
Larski wrote:
> Basically put my young daughter changed the Admin password and forgot it
> "just to get past the stupid change password prompt". Now I cannot login as
> Admin. Needless to say this brings about several others issues re: updates
> etc. Is there any way to have the password reset or I can login with another
> ID and change the Admin password? We can login to other users just not the
> Admin. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Try this, obviously no guarantee but it's not failed for me yet with XP.
You should be okay just following the defaults but I cannot swear to it
with Vista...

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/
oscar

RE: Admin password
If the fix that was posted doesn't work, or if your daughter does not
remember the password, or if your password CD that Vista suggests to
administrators to create in case password is forgotten doesn't exist, then
you'll have to reinstall Vista.

Sorry....
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"Larski" wrote:

> Basically put my young daughter changed the Admin password and forgot it
> "just to get past the stupid change password prompt". Now I cannot login as
> Admin. Needless to say this brings about several others issues re: updates
> etc. Is there any way to have the password reset or I can login with another
> ID and change the Admin password? We can login to other users just not the
> Admin. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Gordon

Re: Admin password
"oscar" <oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If the fix that was posted doesn't work, or if your daughter does not
> remember the password, or if your password CD that Vista suggests to
> administrators to create in case password is forgotten doesn't exist, then
> you'll have to reinstall Vista.

No he won't - plenty of password utilities for Vista here:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en... Search&meta=