.fsLockFile

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Mitigation Elf

.fsLockFile
I am trying to move files around on my Vista Home Premium 32 bit system. I
have been unable to rename, move or delete a specific folder. I have been
able to move all of the contents of the folder to a new folder except a file
that is called .fsLockFile.

I am not sure how it got there or where it came from but at this point, my
conclusion is that file is the reason I have been unable to do anything with
the folder. I am the administrator and have full permissions to do anything I
want with the folder. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

TY -/ME
DDW

Re: .fsLockFile
Mitigation Elf <MitigationElf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to move files around on my Vista Home Premium 32 bit system. I
>have been unable to rename, move or delete a specific folder. I have been
>able to move all of the contents of the folder to a new folder except a file
>that is called .fsLockFile.
>
>I am not sure how it got there or where it came from but at this point, my
>conclusion is that file is the reason I have been unable to do anything with
>the folder. I am the administrator and have full permissions to do anything I
>want with the folder. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Your good friend Google can:

http://tinyurl.com/3ztwrk

DDW
No email please
StephenB

Re: .fsLockFile
You must be using FolderShare and that's a folder that is being synchronized.
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Mitigation Elf

Re: .fsLockFile
This was exactly the issue. I have been testing out the diffrerent Products
for sharing files and having all of the machines I am using to be albe to
have the same version of the files. Among the diferent platforms I have to
use - XP Pro, Vista Home Premium 32, Vista Ultimate 64, Office 2003, Office
2007, Groove 3.1 and Groove 2007 - I have found a combination of Groove
Foldersharing workspaces and Live Mesh is the only easy way to accomplish
what I need.

Folder Share was an early attempt at the synch whic was bulky and did not
accomplish what I needed.

Thanks for your help.
/ME

"StephenB" wrote:

> You must be using FolderShare and that's a folder that is being synchronized.
> -steve
>
> Mitigation Elf <MitigationElf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to move files around on my Vista Home Premium 32 bit system. I
> >have been unable to rename, move or delete a specific folder. I have been
> >able to move all of the contents of the folder to a new folder except a file
> >that is called .fsLockFile.
> >
> >I am not sure how it got there or where it came from but at this point, my
> >conclusion is that file is the reason I have been unable to do anything with
> >the folder. I am the administrator and have full permissions to do anything I
> >want with the folder. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
> >
> >TY -/ME

> --
> Stephen Boots
> MVP Windows Live
> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
> sboots@mvps.org

StephenB

Re: .fsLockFile
Glad to have pointed you in the right direction. :-)
-steve