vista is blocking my machine to launch mozilla, chrome or safari, can any body help

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

freshman

vista is blocking my machine to launch mozilla, chrome or safari, can any body help

I just got a new machine with windows vista pre loaded. every thing
worked fine but when I tried to install an internet browser other than
internet explorer (mozilla firefox, google chrome, safari), it allows me
to down load, install, but when the new browser is about to launch, the
machine sends a message (for mozilla), that says "the security component
for the application could not be initialized, most probable cause is,
problems with the application profile directory files,(for google
chrome) installation error No 2, (for safari) it just frozen. I have
tried every thing I know, that it is very little, because I am not a
computers man, I am an user. I setted the "privacy" rectriction in
Internet options" to allow the new program to go through, same I did the
same for the "fire wall", and "emerging" elements, and still can not get
any of these internet browsers launched in my machine. I will
appreciate any comment or direction that might help.

--
freshman
D Kat

Re: vista is blocking my machine to launch mozilla, chrome or safari, can any body help
First uninstall the program then go back, right click on the install program
(you will have to save rather than open the download from the site) and
chose "install as administrator". You can also go to the control panel,
Windows Firewall, click the Exceptions tab and add your program.

"freshman" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I just got a new machine with windows vista pre loaded. every thing
> worked fine but when I tried to install an internet browser other than
> internet explorer (mozilla firefox, google chrome, safari), it allows me
> to down load, install, but when the new browser is about to launch, the
> machine sends a message (for mozilla), that says "the security component
> for the application could not be initialized, most probable cause is,
> problems with the application profile directory files,(for google
> chrome) installation error No 2, (for safari) it just frozen. I have
> tried every thing I know, that it is very little, because I am not a
> computers man, I am an user. I setted the "privacy" rectriction in
> Internet options" to allow the new program to go through, same I did the
> same for the "fire wall", and "emerging" elements, and still can not get
> any of these internet browsers launched in my machine. I will
> appreciate any comment or direction that might help.
>

> --
> freshman

Milo

Re: vista is blocking my machine to launch mozilla, chrome or safari, can any body help
Chrome is kinda questionable right now maybe you opt to reevaluate chrome

"freshman" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I just got a new machine with windows vista pre loaded. every thing
> worked fine but when I tried to install an internet browser other than
> internet explorer (mozilla firefox, google chrome, safari), it allows me
> to down load, install, but when the new browser is about to launch, the
> machine sends a message (for mozilla), that says "the security component
> for the application could not be initialized, most probable cause is,
> problems with the application profile directory files,(for google
> chrome) installation error No 2, (for safari) it just frozen. I have
> tried every thing I know, that it is very little, because I am not a
> computers man, I am an user. I setted the "privacy" rectriction in
> Internet options" to allow the new program to go through, same I did the
> same for the "fire wall", and "emerging" elements, and still can not get
> any of these internet browsers launched in my machine. I will
> appreciate any comment or direction that might help.
>

> --
> freshman

DDW

"Milo" <jfcoel@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Chrome is kinda questionable right now maybe you opt to reevaluate chrome

It definitely is "kinda questionable": it's a BETA version.

DDW
No email please
freshman

Re: vista is blocking my machine to launch mozilla, chrome or safari, can any body help

hi D Kat: Tank you so much for your attention and directions to solve
this problem I have installing abetter browser than IE. I was very happy
when I got your notes and went into my new computer to work them out. I
did every step exactly as you wrote and ... the same notice was
displayed "The application security component could not be initialized.
The must probable cause is that there are problems with the application
profile files"

Thank you again, it was a good try
Best Regards
freshman