"User account control - Windows needs your permission to continue"

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Pekka Numminen

"User account control - Windows needs your permission to continue"
Is it possible - if so, how - to disable the boxes asking to verify
running a program or do administrative tasks and let Vista do the
tricks without confirmation?

Example: http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/files/impo...pn/vista11.png
Bruce Chambers

Re: "User account control - Windows needs your permission to continue"
Pekka Numminen wrote:
> Is it possible - if so, how - to disable the boxes asking to verify
> running a program or do administrative tasks and let Vista do the
> tricks without confirmation?

Possible, certainly. Easy, even. Just how wise doing so is, however,
depends entirely upon how skillful and security-aware the user is, and
what other security mechanisms are in place.

Windows Vista Features Explained: User Account Control
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ntcontrol.mspx

How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922708/en-us

In particular, if you need to disable to run an application, it would
be far better to replace that intentionally (It could have been designed
properly, had the developers wanted or known how to do so.) non-secure
application with one that's actually designed for Vista, particularly if
it's something that used frequently, or for extended (more than a few
minutes) periods of time.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Brink

Re: "User account control - Windows needs your permission to continue"

Hello Pekka,

You can elevate the privilege level of administrator accounts so that
they are no longer asked by UAC for permission. This tutorial will show
you how to. This way the Standard accounts are still asked by UAC.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80...ege-level.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Pekka Numminen;828060 Wrote:
> Is it possible - if so, how - to disable the boxes asking to verify
> running a program or do administrative tasks and let Vista do the
> tricks without confirmation?
>
> Example:
> http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/files/impo...pn/vista11.png

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Spirit

Re: "User account control - Windows needs your permission to continue"
http://www.tweak-uac.com/
Tweak UAC Utility - put UAC in Quiet Mode or On/OFF easily

http://xenomorph.net/?page_id=336
Vista Tweaker - UAC too

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm
Disable UAC

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905108.aspx
User Account Control

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa906022.aspx
TechNet Getting Started with UAC

Windows Vista User Account Control Step by Step Guide

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...9f44e1033.mspx
Understanding UAC