Need Help removing " W32/autorun-FF "

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

VistaKing

Need Help removing " W32/autorun-FF "

::I have a program that scans your computer for viruses and other stuff(
its not an antivirus) and it uses SOPHOS antivirus to find viruses. It
found one virus on my computer called \" W32/autorun-FF \" and I
downloaded the 30-day trial of Sophos antivirus but it is not finding
the W32/autorun-FF Virus . Is there a way I could remove it manually ?
::
::::
::PS. when I go to the registry and click on \"Hkey_Current_User\" on
the right side I see \" OS shutdown REG_DWORD 0X00000000(0). Is that
suppose to be there? ::

--
VistaKing
Mark H

Re: Need Help removing " W32/autorun-FF "
http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/worms.html

"VistaKing" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> ::I have a program that scans your computer for viruses and other stuff(
> its not an antivirus) and it uses SOPHOS antivirus to find viruses. It
> found one virus on my computer called \" W32/autorun-FF \" and I
> downloaded the 30-day trial of Sophos antivirus but it is not finding
> the W32/autorun-FF Virus . Is there a way I could remove it manually ?
> ::
> ::::
> ::PS. when I go to the registry and click on \"Hkey_Current_User\" on
> the right side I see \" OS shutdown REG_DWORD 0X00000000(0). Is that
> suppose to be there? ::
>

> --
> VistaKing

VistaKing

Re: Need Help removing " W32/autorun-FF "

Mark,
I installed the Sophos Anti-virus 30-day trial updated the definitions
and it didn't find that worm that I have. So I installed Registry
Mechanic and I think it cleared it out . The program I used to scan my
computer didn't show it again after I used the registry Mechanic
software .

--
VistaKing
Mark H

Re: Need Help removing " W32/autorun-FF "
You asked how to manually delete it.
I posted a link to those instructions from the SOPHOS site.

I'm glad you were able to remove it!

> Mark,
> I installed the Sophos Anti-virus 30-day trial updated the definitions
> and it didn't find that worm that I have. So I installed Registry
> Mechanic and I think it cleared it out . The program I used to scan my
> computer didn't show it again after I used the registry Mechanic
> software .
>
> Mark H;748360 Wrote:
> > 'Sophos - Removing worms'
> > (http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/worms.html)
> >

> > "VistaKing" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> > news:3c4d8133c72d7dd4f8921a42d2fbd232@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

> > > stuff(
> > > It

finding
> > > ?

on

> --
> VistaKing

Mick Murphy

Re: Need Help removing " W32/autorun-FF "
Below is proper Security, and how to use it!
Registry Mechanic deos more harm than good, as does ANY Registry cleaners
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"VistaKing" wrote:

> Mark,
> I installed the Sophos Anti-virus 30-day trial updated the definitions
> and it didn't find that worm that I have. So I installed Registry
> Mechanic and I think it cleared it out . The program I used to scan my
> computer didn't show it again after I used the registry Mechanic
> software .
>
> Mark H;748360 Wrote:
> > 'Sophos - Removing worms'
> > (http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/worms.html)
> >

> > "VistaKing" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> > news:3c4d8133c72d7dd4f8921a42d2fbd232@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

> > > stuff(
> > > It
> > > ?

> --
> VistaKing

Mick Murphy

Re: Need Help removing " W32/autorun-FF "
Security Programs that I have installed, and how to use them to remove
problems.

Vista’s Firewall works very well.

Avast Anti-Virus is Vista compatible (32bit and 64bit Versions), FREE,
auto-updating, and a low resources user of your computer.
And, only have 1(one) Anti-Virus installed / running on your computer at any
one time..
Conflicts may occur if you have more than 1(one).

http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2 is a very good, FREE Anti-Spyware Program.
Download, install, update, and immunize your System with it.
Then SCAN with it.
Update it, and scan your System once a fortnight.

SpywareBlaster 4.1 is a non-intrusive, FREE Anti-Spyware Program that runs
in the background (no scanning by you!).
Update it once a fortnight, and let it do its work in the background!

Important re: Safe Mode
If you happen to find a problem that you can’t uninstall / delete, reboot
the computer, and go into Safe Mode.
To get into Safe mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow
key to get to Safe Mode, then hit ENTER.
RESCAN your computer with Avast and Spybot S & D while in Safe Mode.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia