SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Joan

SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. I
am particularly interested in one with animals. am willing to pay if
it means it is safe.

Mick Murphy

RE: SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
Don't touch FREEZE.COM Screensavers. They are spyware riddled!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Joan" wrote:

> Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
> bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. I
> am particularly interested in one with animals. am willing to pay if
> it means it is safe.

Nonny

Re: SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
On Jun 15, 3:58*pm, Mick Murphy <MickMur...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Don't touch FREEZE.COM Screensavers. They are spyware riddled!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

You really should try to answer the question. She didn't ask for a
listing of screensavers that weren't safe.

> "Joan" wrote:
> > Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
> > bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. * I
> > am particularly interested in one with animals. *am willing to pay if
> > it means it is safe.

Michael D. Ober

wrote:

> Don't touch FREEZE.COM Screensavers. They are spyware riddled!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

You really should try to answer the question. She didn't ask for a
listing of screensavers that weren't safe.

> "Joan" wrote:
> > Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
> > bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. I
> > am particularly interested in one with animals. am willing to pay if
> > it means it is safe.

I use 2nd Nature (www.secondnature.com). You can add your own photo
galleries to it. The screen saver engine itself is free and they have a
large library of images you can purchase.

Mike Ober.

Nonny

Re: SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:12:57 -0600, "Michael D. Ober"
<obermd.@.alum.mit.edu.nospam.> wrote:

>"Nonny" <i.m.nonnymous@gmail.com> wrote in message
>On Jun 15, 3:58 pm, Mick Murphy <MickMur...@discussions.microsoft.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Don't touch FREEZE.COM Screensavers. They are spyware riddled!
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

>You really should try to answer the question. She didn't ask for a
>listing of screensavers that weren't safe.
>
>> "Joan" wrote:
>> > Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
>> > bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. I
>> > am particularly interested in one with animals. am willing to pay if
>> > it means it is safe.

>I use 2nd Nature (www.secondnature.com). You can add your own photo
>galleries to it. The screen saver engine itself is free and they have a
>large library of images you can purchase.

Looks like Webshots (www.webshots.com). I use that one and am a
subscriber so that I get access to their entire site.

But their engine can also make use of a person's personal collection,
and it's also free.
Mick Murphy

Re: SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
You should mind your own business, clown.
Other people herer are now realising what you are, a buffoon!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Nonny" wrote:

> On Jun 15, 3:58 pm, Mick Murphy <MickMur...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Don't touch FREEZE.COM Screensavers. They are spyware riddled!
> > --
> > Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

> You really should try to answer the question. She didn't ask for a
> listing of screensavers that weren't safe.
>
> > "Joan" wrote:
> > > Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
> > > bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. I
> > > am particularly interested in one with animals. am willing to pay if
> > > it means it is safe.

Mick Murphy

Re: SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
That really shows your computer expertise; installing screensavers, lol.
You have found your niche in life; haha!!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Nonny" wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:12:57 -0600, "Michael D. Ober"
> <obermd.@.alum.mit.edu.nospam.> wrote:
>
> >"Nonny" <i.m.nonnymous@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >On Jun 15, 3:58 pm, Mick Murphy <MickMur...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Don't touch FREEZE.COM Screensavers. They are spyware riddled!
> >> --
> >> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

> >You really should try to answer the question. She didn't ask for a
> >listing of screensavers that weren't safe.

> >I use 2nd Nature (www.secondnature.com). You can add your own photo
> >galleries to it. The screen saver engine itself is free and they have a
> >large library of images you can purchase.

> Looks like Webshots (www.webshots.com). I use that one and am a
> subscriber so that I get access to their entire site.
>
> But their engine can also make use of a person's personal collection,
> and it's also free.

Charles W Davis

"Joan" <JTpets@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
> bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. I
> am particularly interested in one with animals. am willing to pay if
> it means it is safe.

Joan,

I have used, on both computers for over 6 years, WebShots for a variety of
desktop backgrounds. They change every few hours. They also offer thousands
(millions) of images that can be downloaded, or you can insert your own
images. http://www.webshots.com

Kingy_0

RE: SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
I have found small collection of nice screensavers on
http://www.wincustomize.com they should be safe enough I've downloaded a few
and had no problems with adware or viruses so far.

:-)

"Joan" wrote:

> Where can I get screensavers that are totally safe and not going to
> bombard me with a bunch of ads and other things that I don't want. I
> am particularly interested in one with animals. am willing to pay if
> it means it is safe.

mommywoman

Re: SCREENSAVERS THAT ARE SAFE
Michael O is trying to properly answer the lady's question. When the only
answer she gets is from a lot of people telling her where NOT to go, it
doesn't in fact tell her much. I understand that the others are attempting to
help, but giving her information she is asking for would be more helpful.