how to change telnet client color

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

seamoon

how to change telnet client color
I want know how to change the color of telnet client program.

I tried to change the color by using the command <color f0>.
But the color f0 command change only the cmd windows, that is dos prompt
window.

By the command <color f0>, the colsole color changed.
But when I connected telnet server in the colsole, the color of it did not
change.

I tried another method to change telnet color, for example, <start telnet
192.168.2.1>, but only to fail.

Is there anyone who knows how to change telnet client color when connected
telnet server which
supports IAC or ANSI. If there's any, let me know it.

Anything is welcomed. If you use registry or by command argements, it will
be helpful for me.

Thank for your kind reading. Have a good time.

sturmey

RE: how to change telnet client color
create a shortcut to telnet.exe. Then go into the properties of the shortcut.
you can set the colors for text background bold etc. in the shortcut. The
changes will only be available when you use the shortcut to start telnet, but
this way you can have different colors for different sessions.

you can even put the destination into the shortcut so that you can connect
with your preferred session settings for that host.

BTW you can also select font and size of window.
Sturmey