Unable to save

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Christopher

Unable to save
I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
I get the following error message

C:\filename.doc
You don't have permission to save in this location.
Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?

When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
address.
I am administrator

OS is Vista Business
Acrobat is 8.1 Standard
Dave

Re: Unable to save
Vista doesn't want you to save files into the root (C:\) folder. It doesn't
matter if you have an admin account.
Try saving to a different folder, like C:\PDF or
C:\Users\youraccount\Documents

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Christopher" <chrissie@lambo.org> wrote in message
> I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
> I get the following error message
>
> C:\filename.doc
> You don't have permission to save in this location.
> Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
>
> Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?
>
> When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
> address.
> I am administrator
>
> OS is Vista Business
> Acrobat is 8.1 Standard

Christopher

Re: Unable to save
Thanks for your response Dave but Vista won't let me save it anywhere !!!
I get the same error message wherever I try to save it.
I do hope that it's not another AVG 8.0 problem.

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> Vista doesn't want you to save files into the root (C:\) folder. It
> doesn't matter if you have an admin account.
> Try saving to a different folder, like C:\PDF or
> C:\Users\youraccount\Documents
>
> --
> Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>

> "Christopher" <chrissie@lambo.org> wrote in message
>> I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
>> I get the following error message
>>
>> C:\filename.doc
>> You don't have permission to save in this location.
>> Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
>>
>> Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?
>>
>> When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
>> address.
>> I am administrator
>>
>> OS is Vista Business
>> Acrobat is 8.1 Standard

t-4-2

Re: Unable to save

Hello Christopher,
Have you tried right click on the file, click Run As administrator,
then save it to Documents or whichever ?

--
t-4-2
Christopher

Re: Unable to save
Hi t-4-2

That does not really apply as I am 'printing to pdf' so the file does not
exist until you have told it where it will be saved.

2-4-t

"t-4-2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello Christopher,
> Have you tried right click on the file, click Run As administrator,
> then save it to Documents or whichever ?
>

> --
> t-4-2

Gordon

Re: Unable to save
"Christopher" <chrissie@lambo.org> wrote in message
>I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
> I get the following error message
>
> C:\filename.doc
> You don't have permission to save in this location.
> Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

It's not advisable to save to the root of the C drive. Is there any
particular reason why you are trying to save there and not in a created
folder?

Christopher

Re: Unable to save
As I responded above, it makes no difference where I tried to save - created
folder, desktop, etc - the error remained.
My solution has been, as I suspected UAC was to blame, to either turn off
protected mode altogether [not a good idea] or to place the web site from
where I wished to save a pdf, in Trusted Sites. This worked. Any pdf
created from a trusted site [protected mode off] saved without problems.