Batchfiles and VISTA

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Syd

Batchfiles and VISTA
Our company have shortcuts in STARTUP, pointing to a batchfile (on the file
server), that runs everytime we reboot our machines, copying custom files
from the File server to our local computers. In XP it worked fine, with VISTA
we have to right-click and select RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR. How can we get the
BATCH file to run without any HUMAN INTERVENTION please?
Ultimate System

RE: Batchfiles and VISTA

"Syd" wrote:

> Our company have shortcuts in STARTUP, pointing to a batchfile (on the file
> server), that runs everytime we reboot our machines, copying custom files
> from the File server to our local computers. In XP it worked fine, with VISTA
> we have to right-click and select RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR. How can we get the
> BATCH file to run without any HUMAN INTERVENTION please?

if you dont want to disable UAC follow these steps :

--> Get winrar from http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar371.exe
--> Install It
--> Right click the batch file
--> Select "add to archive"
--> Tick the box "Create SFX"
--> Select "Best" from the drop-down menu (compression method)
--> Go to the "Advanced" Tab
--> Click "SFX options" button
--> Type in the batch file's name in the "Run after extractration"
(including .bat)
--> Go to the "Modes" tab
--> Tick the box "Unpack to a temporray folder"
--> Select "Hide All" from "Silent Mode"
--> Select "Overwrite all files" from "Ovorwrite mode"
--> Click ok

You will see a new file in the batch file's directory

--> Right click the generated file
--> Select "Properties"
--> "Compability" Tab
--> Tick the "Run this program as an administator"

And finally point to it in startup (instead of the batch file)
Jim

Re: Batchfiles and VISTA
I ran into this same thing, and got around it by creating a shortcut to the
batch file. In the advanced settings of the shortcut you set to run as
administrator. Then run the shortcut which runs the batch file.

"Syd" <Syd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our company have shortcuts in STARTUP, pointing to a batchfile (on the
> file
> server), that runs everytime we reboot our machines, copying custom files
> from the File server to our local computers. In XP it worked fine, with
> VISTA
> we have to right-click and select RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR. How can we get the
> BATCH file to run without any HUMAN INTERVENTION please?

GTS

Re: Batchfiles and VISTA
This might help.

Make Vista launch UAC restricted programs at startup with Task Scheduler
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/wi...windows/?p=616

--

"Syd" <Syd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our company have shortcuts in STARTUP, pointing to a batchfile (on the
> file
> server), that runs everytime we reboot our machines, copying custom files
> from the File server to our local computers. In XP it worked fine, with
> VISTA
> we have to right-click and select RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR. How can we get the
> BATCH file to run without any HUMAN INTERVENTION please?

Syd

Batchfiles and VISTA
Thanks to all of you! I will try your suggestions and let you know.