Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

download problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
download problem
have home premium 32bit. When trying to download 15 day trial from
www.itsyourplane.com iget the pop up widow to allow however the file listed
is dfsvc.exe and not the program file. The program owner and I have tried to
find the error but can't. Have scaneed withe AVG,Spybot and a couple of
online programs and all say no threat. Using regedit I can't find this dfsvc
file. To see if this problem would repeat I downloaded a board game and no
problem. Your thoughts please
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2008
Charlie42
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> have home premium 32bit. When trying to download 15 day trial from
> www.itsyourplane.com iget the pop up widow to allow however the file
> listed is dfsvc.exe and not the program file. The program owner and I
> have tried to find the error but can't. Have scaneed withe AVG,Spybot
> and a couple of online programs and all say no threat. Using regedit I
> can't find this dfsvc file. To see if this problem would repeat I
> downloaded a board game and no problem. Your thoughts please


Right click the download link, Save As to a folder of your choice, then
execute the program after the download is complete.

Charlie42

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
Tried that Charlie. Thanks. When I opened it error saying it couldn't open as
was missing stuff and to contact the administrator which I have now done

"Charlie42" wrote:

> "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > have home premium 32bit. When trying to download 15 day trial from
> > www.itsyourplane.com iget the pop up widow to allow however the file
> > listed is dfsvc.exe and not the program file. The program owner and I
> > have tried to find the error but can't. Have scaneed withe AVG,Spybot
> > and a couple of online programs and all say no threat. Using regedit I
> > can't find this dfsvc file. To see if this problem would repeat I
> > downloaded a board game and no problem. Your thoughts please

>
> Right click the download link, Save As to a folder of your choice, then
> execute the program after the download is complete.
>
> Charlie42
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2008
Charlie42
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Tried that Charlie. Thanks. When I opened it error saying it couldn't
> open as was missing stuff and to contact the administrator which I have
> now done


If repeated downloads all result in a corrupt file, the problem is either
with your Internet connection, security software or the download server.

Since you are in contact with the administrator of the site, I suggest you
ask him or her to email you the file. If the problem persists, take a look
at the real-time settings in your anti-virus/firewall (not likely to be the
culprit).

Charlie42

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2008
Spook 13
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
Howzit. Disable all the Anti V- if u are sure about the file. Try again. If
it does not work, ask the relevant webmastetr to email the file to you if it
is not too big.
Cheers
http://spookpaleis.myminicity.com/ind/

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2008
Milo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
Question is can you download anything else properly? other than this
application or maybe the just that the file itself is corrupted.



"Charlie42" <Charlie42@spam.me.not> wrote in message
news:uy$E$f6qIHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Tried that Charlie. Thanks. When I opened it error saying it couldn't
>> open as was missing stuff and to contact the administrator which I have
>> now done

>
> If repeated downloads all result in a corrupt file, the problem is either
> with your Internet connection, security software or the download server.
>
> Since you are in contact with the administrator of the site, I suggest you
> ask him or her to email you the file. If the problem persists, take a look
> at the real-time settings in your anti-virus/firewall (not likely to be
> the culprit).
>
> Charlie42


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2008
SG
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
Hi Rick,

You may be infected with the W32.Myfip.A worm.
When W32.Myfip.A is executed, it performs the following actions:
Copies itself as Dfsvc.exe into the %System% folder.

Check your System folder to see if the file is there and read this page.
http://www.symantec.com/security_res...803-99&tabid=2


--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1C977DAA-6154-4E65-BAF1-DE08E62DC215@microsoft.com...
> have home premium 32bit. When trying to download 15 day trial from
> www.itsyourplane.com iget the pop up widow to allow however the file
> listed
> is dfsvc.exe and not the program file. The program owner and I have tried
> to
> find the error but can't. Have scaneed withe AVG,Spybot and a couple of
> online programs and all say no threat. Using regedit I can't find this
> dfsvc
> file. To see if this problem would repeat I downloaded a board game and no
> problem. Your thoughts please


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2008
Charlie42
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
"Milo" <jfcoel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Question is can you download anything else properly? other than this
> application or maybe the just that the file itself is corrupted.


The OP downloaded other files without problems.

Charlie42
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2008
SG
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download problem
Charlie,

Typing dfsvc.exe in Google doesn't look good :<(
It may not be a Worm, but it should be looked into more toughly.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

"Charlie42" <Charlie42@spam.me.not> wrote in message
news:uWpUWxDrIHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "Milo" <jfcoel@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Question is can you download anything else properly? other than this
>> application or maybe the just that the file itself is corrupted.

>
> The OP downloaded other files without problems.
>
> Charlie42


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2008
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
lecoop49 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
have home premium 32bit. When trying to download 15 day trial from
Flight Simulator Voice Controller to Control FS9, FSX, FS2004 Simulation iget the pop up widow to allow however the file listed
is dfsvc.exe and not the program file. The program owner and I have tried to
find the error but can't. Have scaneed withe AVG,Spybot and a couple of
online programs and all say no threat. Using regedit I can't find this dfsvc
file. To see if this problem would repeat I downloaded a board game and no
problem. Your thoughts please
Hi Rick,

I'm an administrator at It's Your Plane and have just read of your difficulties.

Was this problem solved or did you give up in despair? We pride ourselves in offering the best products and giving the best customer service, so if you threw your hands up in the air, please visit the Its Your Plane Support Forum and let us help you. We hate to lose a customer!

Go to Flight Simulator Voice Controller to Control FS9, FSX, FS2004 Simulation and enter your problem in the Forum. One of our guys will work with you to find the a solution.

It's Your Plane has been a legitimate online business for more than a year, with many very satisfied members worldwide (you can link to some of the testimonials from our front page).

We look forward to hearing from you.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Download/Install Problem CWLee microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 04-07-2008 08:07
Download problem burtonboy microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 4 03-13-2008 18:27
Download Problem -- Please Help Subrosa microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 01-23-2008 23:20
Download problem Dan microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 07-21-2007 22:10
AIK Download problem =?Utf-8?B?S0tuTkM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 02-28-2007 17:48




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120