Problems on eDataSecurity on Windows Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

El Pablo

Problems on eDataSecurity on Windows Vista
Hi, i have a problem with my Notebook Acer 4520 the module
eDataSecurtiy was corrupeted , when i turn on the Notebook and log on
with my user , then apperance a "pop up" window showme the message
that it missing one "DLL" and that reinstalling that aplication
(eDataSecurity) will solve the problem.

I downladed the eDataSecurity and unzipped on my hard disk but when i
try to run the "exe"
Windows Vista sendme a message like that:

" Error: C:\setup.exe
i canīt found module "

mmm... whats that???

if i reboot the Lap on "safe mode recovery directory" (sorry for my
traduction but the messages are in Spanish)
i can run the "setup" without problems but in the middle of the
process , crash because:
"can't write o edit the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers " then the
process roll back
and finish without install eDataSecurity

the installation is made with the user Administrator

what is the problem? what is the wrong pass ?

thanks for your help.
Engel

RE: Problems on eDataSecurity on Windows Vista

Hello Pablo,

Run SFC to see if any file from the OS has been delete or corrupt.

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories and right-click
on the Command Prompt and choose "Run as administrator".
Type in: SFC /SCANNOW and press your Enter key.

If that does not work, try repairing your system. Boot from your Windows
Vista DVD, select the System Repair Option > on the setup screen, select
'Repair Computer > Select your installation of Windows > select Startup
Repair option and follow instructions.

Buena suerte
--
"El Pablo" wrote:

> Hi, i have a problem with my Notebook Acer 4520 the module
> eDataSecurtiy was corrupeted , when i turn on the Notebook and log on
> with my user , then apperance a "pop up" window showme the message
> that it missing one "DLL" and that reinstalling that aplication
> (eDataSecurity) will solve the problem.
>
> I downladed the eDataSecurity and unzipped on my hard disk but when i
> try to run the "exe"
> Windows Vista sendme a message like that:
>
> " Error: C:\setup.exe
> i canÂīt found module "
>
> mmm... whats that???
>

> if i reboot the Lap on "safe mode recovery directory" (sorry for my
> traduction but the messages are in Spanish)
> i can run the "setup" without problems but in the middle of the
> process , crash because:
> "can't write o edit the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers " then the
> process roll back
> and finish without install eDataSecurity
>
> the installation is made with the user Administrator
>
> what is the problem? what is the wrong pass ?
>
> thanks for your help.

El Pablo

Re: Problems on eDataSecurity on Windows Vista
Hi!

On Apr 30, 2:19 pm, Engel <En...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello Pablo,
>
> Run SFC to see if any file from the OS has been delete or corrupt.
>
> Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories and right-click
> on the Command Prompt and choose "Run as administrator".
> Type in: SFC /SCANNOW and press your Enter key.

yea, i made that but Windows donīt letme run the command prompt , when
i tried run apperance a Window Pop up
whit the same error " canīt find module"... :-(

if i uninstall all the "Powering technology" software, the problem
will disappear ?

> If that does not work, try repairing your system. Boot from your Windows
> Vista DVD, select the System Repair Option > on the setup screen, select
> 'Repair Computer > Select your installation of Windows > select Startup
> Repair option and follow instructions.

i will do...

thanks for your comments!
Saludos