Newsgroup for Windows Defender?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Sam

Newsgroup for Windows Defender?
Would very much appreciate comments for the following questions

a. Is there a newsgroup for windows defender, similar to this newsgroup?

b. Also, are the windows defender definition updates accumulative (if
updates are missed for two previous months, will the current update include
the definition updates for the previous two months??

Thanks for any help, Sam.

Malke

Re: Newsgroup for Windows Defender?
Sam wrote:

> Would very much appreciate comments for the following questions
>
> a. Is there a newsgroup for windows defender, similar to this
> newsgroup?
>
> b. Also, are the windows defender definition updates accumulative (if
> updates are missed for two previous months, will the current update
> include the definition updates for the previous two months??
>
> Thanks for any help, Sam.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx

As for the answer to question b., I would expect so but the WD experts will
be able to answer you more fully.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Sam

Re: Newsgroup for Windows Defender?
Many thanks for your reply. Have a good weekend, Sam.

> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx

> As for the answer to question b., I would expect so but the WD experts
> will
> be able to answer you more fully.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Engel

Re: Newsgroup for Windows Defender?
Hello Sam,

I'm not a expert, but I suggest, try D/L the updates for Windows Defender
from here:
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>

Good luck
- -- --

"Sam" wrote:

> Many thanks for your reply. Have a good weekend, Sam.
>

> "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx

> > As for the answer to question b., I would expect so but the WD experts
> > will
> > be able to answer you more fully.
> >
> > Malke
> > --
> > MS-MVP
> > Elephant Boy Computers
> > www.elephantboycomputers.com
> > Don't Panic!

Sam

Re: Newsgroup for Windows Defender? - Thanks
Engel, that web site is exactly what I need!! Thanks so very much. Upon
receipt of my new computer and before connecting to the internet, hopefully
I can install the manual download of the definition update.. Have a good
weekend, Sam.

"Engel" <Engel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Sam,
>
> I'm not a expert, but I suggest, try D/L the updates for Windows Defender
> from here:
> <http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>
>
> Good luck

Ron H

"Sam" wrote:

> Would very much appreciate comments for the following questions
>
> a. Is there a newsgroup for windows defender, similar to this newsgroup?
>
> b. Also, are the windows defender definition updates accumulative (if
> updates are missed for two previous months, will the current update include
> the definition updates for the previous two months??
>
> Thanks for any help, Sam.

Engel

RE: Newsgroup for Windows Defender?
Hi Ron H,