Spyware dpevflbg

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

balloonboy

Spyware dpevflbg

Recently I was infected with the dpevflbg Toolbar. I have Norton 360,
Windows defender, and PC Tools Spyware Doctor. This malware got through
and I am having trouble removing a couple of remaining issues. The
toolbar itself is gone, however, along with the sluggish performance of
my computer, I have a banner on almost every web page saying:
"Warning possible spyware infection! Click here to scan your computer
for spyware and adware"
The target URL for the 'Click here' is
protect.trustedantivirus.com...with some extra identifying back slashes:
MTY4Nzc=/2/5993/ed=1/ex=1/h=10/zheltaya_hernya/
I have searched out removal methods and am unable to remove this
extreemly annoying banner.
Any ideas?

--
balloonboy
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Spyware dpevflbg
It's a malware that is commonly known as Smitfraud:

http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

Smitfraud fix should work in Vista. If you have any difficulties suggest
you post at a reputable anti-malware forum for assistance.
*Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting -

http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

balloonboy wrote:

> Recently I was infected with the dpevflbg Toolbar. I have Norton 360,
> Windows defender, and PC Tools Spyware Doctor. This malware got through
> and I am having trouble removing a couple of remaining issues. The
> toolbar itself is gone, however, along with the sluggish performance of
> my computer, I have a banner on almost every web page saying:
> "Warning possible spyware infection! Click here to scan your computer
> for spyware and adware"
> The target URL for the 'Click here' is
> protect.trustedantivirus.com...with some extra identifying back slashes:
> MTY4Nzc=/2/5993/ed=1/ex=1/h=10/zheltaya_hernya/
> I have searched out removal methods and am unable to remove this
> extreemly annoying banner.
> Any ideas?

Mick Murphy

RE: Spyware dpevflbg

Above is the link for Norton Removal Tool; if using Norton.

Vista’s Firewall is very good!

Above is a link to Avast Free 4 Home Anti-Virus
It is low resource using, free and Vista 32bit and 64bit compatible.
Only have one (1) anti-virus installed; more than 1 can cause conflicts.

For Spyware removal, use the above link to “Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2”
Download it, install it, update it, immunize your system and scan your
System with it.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

For a non-scanning, but running in the background, Program to STOP Spyware
being downloaded to your Computer, use SpywareBlaster 4, available at the
above link.

IMPORTANT ADVICE: After scanning with the above Programs, problems still
remain.

Reboot computer, and tap F8 at power on/ startup. From the list of options
that appears, select Safe mode by using the UP and DOWN Arrows, then hit
ENTER.

Rescan the computer in Safe mode.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"balloonboy" wrote:

> Recently I was infected with the dpevflbg Toolbar. I have Norton 360,
> Windows defender, and PC Tools Spyware Doctor. This malware got through
> and I am having trouble removing a couple of remaining issues. The
> toolbar itself is gone, however, along with the sluggish performance of
> my computer, I have a banner on almost every web page saying:
> "Warning possible spyware infection! Click here to scan your computer
> for spyware and adware"
> The target URL for the 'Click here' is
> protect.trustedantivirus.com...with some extra identifying back slashes:
> MTY4Nzc=/2/5993/ed=1/ex=1/h=10/zheltaya_hernya/
> I have searched out removal methods and am unable to remove this
> extreemly annoying banner.
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> balloonboy

Mick Murphy

RE: Spyware dpevflbg
To remove remainder of probs, reboot, tap F8 at right at Startup/power on!
From the list, select SafeMode by using UP and DOWN aroors, hit ENTER.

Rescan your computer with Anti-Spyware and Anti-virus Programs in Safe mode..

Below is Security I use for vista
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"balloonboy" wrote:

> Recently I was infected with the dpevflbg Toolbar. I have Norton 360,
> Windows defender, and PC Tools Spyware Doctor. This malware got through
> and I am having trouble removing a couple of remaining issues. The
> toolbar itself is gone, however, along with the sluggish performance of
> my computer, I have a banner on almost every web page saying:
> "Warning possible spyware infection! Click here to scan your computer
> for spyware and adware"
> The target URL for the 'Click here' is
> protect.trustedantivirus.com...with some extra identifying back slashes:
> MTY4Nzc=/2/5993/ed=1/ex=1/h=10/zheltaya_hernya/
> I have searched out removal methods and am unable to remove this
> extreemly annoying banner.
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> balloonboy

Kayman

Re: Spyware dpevflbg
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:53:21 -0500, balloonboy wrote:

> Recently I was infected with the dpevflbg Toolbar. I have Norton 360,
> Windows defender, and PC Tools Spyware Doctor. This malware got through
> and I am having trouble removing a couple of remaining issues. The
> toolbar itself is gone, however, along with the sluggish performance of
> my computer, I have a banner on almost every web page saying:
> "Warning possible spyware infection! Click here to scan your computer
> for spyware and adware"
> The target URL for the 'Click here' is
> protect.trustedantivirus.com...with some extra identifying back slashes:
> MTY4Nzc=/2/5993/ed=1/ex=1/h=10/zheltaya_hernya/
> I have searched out removal methods and am unable to remove this
> extreemly annoying banner.
> Any ideas?

Follow advice posted by MowwGreen and/or got to:
http://www.pchell.com/support/smitfraud.shtml
balloonboy

Re: Spyware dpevflbg

The advice from MowwGreen seems to have removed the problem. Thanks to
all for your advice.
However, now my PC is extreemly slow.

--
balloonboy
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Spyware dpevflbg
The removal of Smitfraud does NOT mean that the system has been cleaned
of *all* malware -

*STRONGLY* suggest you post at a reputable anti-malware forum for

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:56:52 -0500, balloonboy wrote:

> The advice from MowwGreen seems to have removed the problem. Thanks to
> all for your advice.
> However, now my PC is extreemly slow.

Download David H. Lipman's MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL:
http://www.pctipp.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
English:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...irus-for-free/

Execute; Multi_AV.exe {Note: You must use the default folder C:\AV-CLS}
Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close
Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT
{or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in C:\AV-CLS}

NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE to
go through your FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor
related files.

C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT -- {or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in C:\AV-CLS}
This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in
Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web
site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and
Reboot the PC.
You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files
or you can download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. Once you
have downloaded the files needed for each scanner you want to use, you
should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key during boot] and re-run the
menu again and choose which scanner you want to run in Safe
Mode. It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal
Mode.
When the menu is displayed hitting 'H' or 'h' will bring up a more
comprehensive PDF help file.

Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm