Help please! I got w32.pinfi

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Moogly

Help please! I got w32.pinfi
please help me - I got w32.pinfi infected in my pc, and It detected by NV,
but it can't be deleted. I tried to use reststry editor, however, I don't
have HKEY_current_user, what to do?? and how to remove it.....??? please help
and thank you very much!!!
John Barnett MVP

Re: Help please! I got w32.pinfi
You have obviously visited this link for information on removing the virus:
http://www.symantec.com/security_res...030-99&tabid=3

The registry key is there. The best option is to search for it. Open
regedit, Click Edit on he main toolbar and then select Find. In the find
dialogue box type:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer (or
better still copy and paste it into the find box)

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Moogly" <Moogly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please help me - I got w32.pinfi infected in my pc, and It detected by NV,
> but it can't be deleted. I tried to use reststry editor, however, I don't
> have HKEY_current_user, what to do?? and how to remove it.....??? please
> help
> and thank you very much!!!

Moogly

Re: Help please! I got w32.pinfi
Thank you very much John. I did read the link and also followed your
instuction and found the key. however, there is no value at all on the right
pane. it says "value is not set". ;-( what to do now? thanks.