pls someone help me !

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

tech

pls someone help me !

I couldn't make my lap-top update. Gives me "couldn't check update" and
"update-error code 80070246". And also while starting-up it gives me
"checking uptades" after welcome message.
please help me to solve this problem
thanks
Murat.

--
tech
Soroush

RE: pls someone help me !

update it manual
www.update.microsoft.com

and go to control panel>security center
and hit change the way security center alerts me
unti all three
and turn off automatic update!
I have never updated my laptop and I have never faced any problem!

"tech" wrote:

> I couldn't make my lap-top update. Gives me "couldn't check update" and
> "update-error code 80070246". And also while starting-up it gives me
> "checking uptades" after welcome message.
> please help me to solve this problem
> thanks
> Murat.
>

> --
> tech

t-4-2

Re: pls someone help me !

tech;687363 Wrote:
> I couldn't make my lap-top update. Gives me "couldn't check update" and
> "update-error code 80070246". And also while starting-up it gives me
> "checking uptades" after welcome message.
> please help me to solve this problem
> thanks
> Murat.

Hello tech,
Turn the auto update on by :-
Control Panel> choose Classic View> choose Windows Update> left panel,
click CHANGE SETTINGS> checkmark Install Updates Automatically (a blue
dot will appear), set the Day and Time you want update to start, go
further down, checkmark Use Microsoft Update, when done click OK.
If somehow it still does not update automatically, go to Windows Update
via Control Panel, and install each update one at a time. Then come back
and post the question asking how to turn it on. Keep me inform of your
progress. Good luck.

--
t-4-2
tech

Re: pls someone help me !

Hi T-4-2,

I have already done what yo said before. But on update page, I tried so
many times, "check for updates" button. It gives me "couldn't check new
updates error code 80070246". No way to choose getting updates auto or
manual.

Tech

--
tech
t-4-2

Re: pls someone help me !

tech;689052 Wrote:
> Hi T-4-2,
>
> I have already done what yo said before. But on update page, I tried so
> many times, "check for updates" button. It gives me "couldn't check new
> updates error code 80070246". No way to choose getting updates auto or
> manual.
>
> Tech

Hello Tech,
Do not touch the "check for updates" button yet. You did not read my
procedures carefully. After you clicked the Windows Update icon, a new
window appears. On that window, look to the left panel, 2nd from the top
there is "change settings " heading. Click That one. Now you are on a
screen in which you can " dot " Install updates automatically (
Recommended ). If you did that, a blue dot would appear next to the
heading. Go further down, checkmark the other 2 boxes, then click OK.
Now go check the updates.

--
t-4-2
tech

Re: pls someone help me !

Dear T-4-2,

I've already done what you directed me. After clicked the "check for
updates" button, again gave me "couldn't check updates error code
80070246"

Tech,

--
tech
t-4-2

Re: pls someone help me !

tech;690891 Wrote:
> Dear T-4-2,
>
> I've already done what you directed me. After clicked the "check for
> updates" button, again gave me "couldn't check updates error code
> 80070246"
>
> Tech,

Hello Tech,
Did you have SP1 installed ? And this problem started after SP1 ?

--
t-4-2
tech

Re: pls someone help me !

I do not think so. Do not have sp1. 1 month passed that I bought my
laptop

--
tech
t-4-2

Re: pls someone help me !

tech;692052 Wrote:
> I do not think so. Do not have sp1. 1 month passed that I bought my
> laptop

Hello tech,
I have very little left in my "bag of tricks". Humour me. Try the link
at the end of the post. It is for enable or disable Windows Updates.
First "disable" WU, then restart the machine. Go back to the link, this
time "enable" the WU. See if you can get WU working now.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...-updating.html

--
t-4-2
Gordon

Re: pls someone help me !
"tech" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I do not think so. Do not have sp1. 1 month passed that I bought my
> laptop

Please QUOTE the post you are replying to. Thank you.