hidden drivers

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rob440

hidden drivers
I run AVG Internet Security 2008 and everything works great but every time I
scan my computer it finds a new "hidden driver" its always an .SYS file and
its only one at a time. sometimes it's a new one and sometimes its one ive
seen before that couldn't be removed for whatever reason. don't know what
causes this so any help would be great thanks.
Malke

Re: hidden drivers
rob440 wrote:

> I run AVG Internet Security 2008 and everything works great but every time
> I scan my computer it finds a new "hidden driver" its always an .SYS file
> and its only one at a time. sometimes it's a new one and sometimes its one
> ive seen before that couldn't be removed for whatever reason. don't know
> what causes this so any help would be great thanks.

Without knowing the names of some of these "hidden drivers", there's no way
I can address your issue specifically. I'd suggest you scan with some other
tools per these general steps:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Mick Murphy

RE: hidden drivers
Reboot your computer!
Tap F8 right at Power on/ startup.
When you see the list, use the UP and DOWN arrows to go up to Safe Mode; hit
ENTER.
Once there, Scan your computer with AVG again.
If it has found probs in Dymanic mode, it will remove them in Safe mode.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia