Why isn't UAC more fine grained?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

HotmailUser

Why isn't UAC more fine grained?
When UAC kicks in for some reason, you can optionally choose to view more
details where that dialog displays what looks like a long hexadecimal string
- I haven't confirmed whether it is valid hexadecimal. The point is, its
probably some kind of ID for that particular instance of UAC kicking in.

Why isn't that string selectable so that it can be copied to the clipboard?
Is that string stored as part of a log that UAC maintains?

Thanks.

BillD

RE: Why isn't UAC more fine grained?

"HotmailUser" wrote:

> Why isn't that string selectable so that it can be copied to the clipboard?

because the UAC prompt is shown in a secure environment called secure
desktop where the messages passing is not allowed for security.
HotmailUser

RE: Why isn't UAC more fine grained?
Well, is that string stored in some log that UAC maintains?

Thanks.

"BillD" wrote:

> "HotmailUser" wrote:
>
> > Why isn't that string selectable so that it can be copied to the clipboard?

> because the UAC prompt is shown in a secure environment called secure
> desktop where the messages passing is not allowed for security.

Lester Stiefel

BillD wrote:

> "HotmailUser" wrote:
>
>> Why isn't that string selectable so that it can be copied to the clipboard?

> because the UAC prompt is shown in a secure environment called secure
> desktop where the messages passing is not allowed for security.

Look in the performance log viewer. More details cannot be
given here. This is part of administrative tools.

--
Visit Family Radio Today
http://www.familyradio.com/
HotmailUser

Re: Why isn't UAC more fine grained?
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find the performance log viewer in
administrative tools.

"Lester Stiefel" wrote:

> BillD wrote:
> >
> > "HotmailUser" wrote:
> >
> >> Why isn't that string selectable so that it can be copied to the clipboard?

> > because the UAC prompt is shown in a secure environment called secure
> > desktop where the messages passing is not allowed for security.

> Look in the performance log viewer. More details cannot be
> given here. This is part of administrative tools.
>
> --
> Visit Family Radio Today
> http://www.familyradio.com/

f/fgeorge

Re: Why isn't UAC more fine grained?
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 04:25:02 -0700, HotmailUser
<HotmailUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find the performance log viewer in
>administrative tools.
>
>"Lester Stiefel" wrote:
>
>> BillD wrote:

>> > because the UAC prompt is shown in a secure environment called secure
>> > desktop where the messages passing is not allowed for security.

>> Look in the performance log viewer. More details cannot be
>> given here. This is part of administrative tools.
>>
>> --
>> Visit Family Radio Today
>> http://www.familyradio.com/

Try HardCopy, it copies everything for us either to a file or the
printer. It is just a print screen utility. You MUST load it before
you need it though.