HELP - Remote Vista administration and monitor activity

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Neil Jones

HELP - Remote Vista administration and monitor activity
Hi,

I would like to know how to remotely administer and monitor activity on
a Vista Ultimate system. My daughter and I have Vista Ultimate boxes.
She lives with her mother in the midwest while I am on the east coast.

She does go to myspace web site to chat with her classmates in school.
However, I am getting more and more concerned (especially after the
Florida ****s attack their classmate). I would like to monitor her
online activities.

I know Windows has Remote Desktop on XP version. Is there something like
that for Vista? How do I configure Remote Desktop to limit connections
only to each others box?

How do log her online activity?

Is there anyway I can download (via Remote Desktop) those logs to my
system to analyze?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

NJ
Leone

Re: HELP - Remote Vista administration and monitor activity
You can use www.logmein.com to monitor or remote control the computer. They
have a free and pay for service. I use the free one. You set up a free
account and then download the software onto her computer and you can monitor
it from any computer thru a web browser. Your daughter will know that you
are monitoring and she can shut it off if she wants to.

You didn't say if this monitoring setup was to be done covertly or openly

"Neil Jones" <castellan2004-atnews@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news92dnQvfvZE705zVnZ2dnUVZ_ualnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how to remotely administer and monitor activity on
> a Vista Ultimate system. My daughter and I have Vista Ultimate boxes.
> She lives with her mother in the midwest while I am on the east coast.
>
> She does go to myspace web site to chat with her classmates in school.
> However, I am getting more and more concerned (especially after the
> Florida ****s attack their classmate). I would like to monitor her
> online activities.
>
> I know Windows has Remote Desktop on XP version. Is there something like
> that for Vista? How do I configure Remote Desktop to limit connections
> only to each others box?
>
> How do log her online activity?
>
> Is there anyway I can download (via Remote Desktop) those logs to my
> system to analyze?
>
> Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> NJ

Synapse Syndrome

Re: HELP - Remote Vista administration and monitor activity
"Neil Jones" <castellan2004-atnews@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news92dnQvfvZE705zVnZ2dnUVZ_ualnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how to remotely administer and monitor activity on
> a Vista Ultimate system. My daughter and I have Vista Ultimate boxes.
> She lives with her mother in the midwest while I am on the east coast.
>
> She does go to myspace web site to chat with her classmates in school.
> However, I am getting more and more concerned (especially after the
> Florida ****s attack their classmate). I would like to monitor her
> online activities.
>
> I know Windows has Remote Desktop on XP version. Is there something like
> that for Vista? How do I configure Remote Desktop to limit connections
> only to each others box?
>
> How do log her online activity?
>
> Is there anyway I can download (via Remote Desktop) those logs to my
> system to analyze?
>
> Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.

If you think that creepy covert spying on your daughter is acceptable, you
can expect serious problems in your relationship with her in the future.

ss.

Neil Jones

Re: HELP - Remote Vista administration and monitor activity
Thank you for replying. I will check this software out. This is an
openly monitoring her computer for online activity. She gets iTunes
music but lately her classmates hang out on myspace. That is where the
concern is now.

NJ