Trojan Detected! Please Help!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rbhavsar29 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trojan Detected! Please Help!
Hello,
I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender, some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus service, it shows no virus or spywares.
My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.

Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Rounak
.Joe

Re: Trojan Detected! Please Help!

rbhavsar29;680095 Wrote:
> *Hello,
> I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
> with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
> is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
> said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
> some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti
> virus
> service, it shows no virus or spywares.
> My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
> keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.
>
> Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
> and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
>
> Rounak * [image:
> http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/.../confused.gif]
>

> --
> rbhavsar29

One of the first programs I'd use to rid yourself of the trojan is
spybot search and destroy. You can download it here: 'The home of
Spybot-S&D!' (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html)

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com\")_
_*::Click_here_for_the_Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_Geekbench_Score:_4050 (\"http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/42901\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
_**_
Malke

rbhavsar29 wrote:

> *Hello,
> I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
> with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
> is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
> said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
> some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus
> service, it shows no virus or spywares.
> My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
> keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.
>
> Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
> and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do
all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
Multi_AV in Vista.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
http://tinyurl.com/yoeru3 - download link and more instructions

You can also check to see if there are targeted removal steps for your
malware here:
Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

When all else fails, get guided help. Choose one of the specialty forums
listed at the first link. Register and read its posting FAQ. You will
generally be asked to:

1. Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT) -
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HJTInstall.exe

2. Disable Notepad's word wrap - In Notepad.exe; Format --> uncheck; "Word
wrap"

3. Download/run Deckard's System Scanner -
http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...eckard/dss.exe

4. Save the scan results (Main.txt and Extra.txt)

5. And then post the contents of Main.txt and Extra.txt in your post at the
forum you chose. DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

Not all tools used will work in Vista and you will need to run them
elevated. If you are unable to remove the infection by following the
general steps, register at one of the HijackThis forums as suggested.

Standard disclaimer: I can't see and test your computer myself, so these are
just suggestions based on many years of being a professional computer tech;
suggestions based on what you've written. You should not take my
suggestions as a definitive diagnosis. If you can't do the work yourself
(and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea), take the
machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent
of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be
so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. If possible, have
all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Trojan Detected! Please Help!
Cleaning a Compromised System
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...mt/sm0504.mspx

Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows Vista
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...dlc=en&lang=en

Windows OneCare:
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

Learn about Windows Live OneCare:
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-...fo/default.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"rbhavsar29" wrote:

[...]

robinb

Re: Trojan Detected! Please Help!
also try installing superantispyware
you can pick up the free version at http://superantispyware.com
this program goes into the root of windows and gets rid of trojans very well
robin
"rbhavsar29" <rbhavsar29.37pio2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:rbhavsar29.37pio2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> *Hello,
> I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
> with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
> is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
> said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
> some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus
> service, it shows no virus or spywares.
> My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
> keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.
>
> Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
> and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
>
> Rounak * [image:
> http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/.../confused.gif]
>

> --
> rbhavsar29

SG

Re: Trojan Detected! Please Help!
I'll second that advice, if fact I like the free version so well I bought
the Professional. IMO it is one of the best and can detect and remove over 1
million pests and threat components.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

"robinb" <robinbk9_nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> also try installing superantispyware
> you can pick up the free version at http://superantispyware.com
> this program goes into the root of windows and gets rid of trojans very
> well
> robin
> "rbhavsar29" <rbhavsar29.37pio2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
> message news:rbhavsar29.37pio2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>>
>> *Hello,
>> I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
>> with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
>> is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
>> said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
>> some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus
>> service, it shows no virus or spywares.
>> My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
>> keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.
>>
>> Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
>> and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
>>
>> Rounak * [image:
>> http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/.../confused.gif]
>>

>> --
>> rbhavsar29

loves brad

"rbhavsar29" wrote:

> *Hello,
> I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
> with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
> is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
> said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
> some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus
> service, it shows no virus or spywares.
> My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
> keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.
>
> Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
> and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
>
> Rounak * [image:
> http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/.../confused.gif]
>

> --
> rbhavsar29

Paul Montgumdrop

loves brad wrote:

> "rbhavsar29" wrote:
>
>> *Hello,
>> I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
>> with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
>> is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
>> said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
>> some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus
>> service, it shows no virus or spywares.

Malware such as a Trojan and others such malware can fool the detection
software. Or it could be a zero day exploit, never seen before, and the
detection software cannot detect it.

>> My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
>> keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.
>>
>> Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
>> and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.

You have to use the proper tools like Process Explorer that will let you
look at processes, because the culprit can be piggy-backing of off a
legit process and is hiding itself.

The information in the link shows you what Process Explorer will show
you, which you will go to menu/view so that you match the screen in the
example. You can right-click a line in the upper or lower pane and go to
Properties.

<http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Hidden_Backdoors_Trojan_Horses_and_Rootkit_Tools_i n_a_Windows_Environment.html>
<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx>

Active Ports doesn't work on Vista use Current Ports.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

If Svchost.exe or Dllhost32.exe are not running out of
C:\Windows\System32, then they are Trojans.
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"loves brad" <loves brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "rbhavsar29" wrote:
>

>> *Hello,
>> I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
>> with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
>> is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
>> said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
>> some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus
>> service, it shows no virus or spywares.
>> My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
>> keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.
>>
>> Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
>> and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
>>
>> Rounak * [image:
>> http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/.../confused.gif]

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email