Vista and Panda Titanium

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rtdavide@yahoo.com

Vista and Panda Titanium
Hell,

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but I can't
get any help out of Panda at all, so i'm kind of grasping right
now....

I use Vista Ultimate with Panda Titanium as my AV/Firewall.

Panda is causing my IE to sometimes lag 40 seconds in opening up
pages.
On average, it's about 60 percent of the pages I open that lag this
much. pages that run ads and such are pretty much a given.

I run the same panda AV on my XP machine and it doesn't lag this bad.
And if I turn off Panda, pages load up without delay. So it is
definately Panda causing the problem.... or is it Vista?.....

I'm not sure what exactly I'm after except to somehow change the
situation.
Does anybody else use panda with the same results?
or do other panda users have no lag?

Is windows capable of protecting itself with it's own security
measures? [probably asking for it with that question....]

I know of plenty of AV packages, are there other suggestions about
what might be causing the problems or places I might check for a
remedy to the slowdown?

Panda is, i suppose, uninterested in helping since they won't respond
to my tech support inquiries.
Either this is the way it is supposed to be, so they don't bother, or
well, i don't know.

but i'm tired of the delays. it's too frustrating having to wait this
much time for pages to load.

thanks for any help
C.B.

Re: Vista and Panda Titanium

<rtdavide@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hell,
>
> I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but I can't
> get any help out of Panda at all, so i'm kind of grasping right
> now....
>
> I use Vista Ultimate with Panda Titanium as my AV/Firewall.
>
> Panda is causing my IE to sometimes lag 40 seconds in opening up
> pages.
> On average, it's about 60 percent of the pages I open that lag this
> much. pages that run ads and such are pretty much a given.
>
> I run the same panda AV on my XP machine and it doesn't lag this bad.
> And if I turn off Panda, pages load up without delay. So it is
> definately Panda causing the problem.... or is it Vista?.....
>
> I'm not sure what exactly I'm after except to somehow change the
> situation.
> Does anybody else use panda with the same results?
> or do other panda users have no lag?
>
> Is windows capable of protecting itself with it's own security
> measures? [probably asking for it with that question....]
>
> I know of plenty of AV packages, are there other suggestions about
> what might be causing the problems or places I might check for a
> remedy to the slowdown?
>
> Panda is, i suppose, uninterested in helping since they won't respond
> to my tech support inquiries.
> Either this is the way it is supposed to be, so they don't bother, or
> well, i don't know.
>
> but i'm tired of the delays. it's too frustrating having to wait this
> much time for pages to load.
>
> thanks for any help

A product is no better than the support behind it. The fact that the
makers of Panda see no need to respond to your request for support should be
enough for you to discontinue using the product. If they don't need you then
you certainly don't need them.
I had contemplated using Panda at one time but after reading the
reviews about Panda's products I decided against it. I have also read posts
about Panda labeling valid registry entries as viruses and subsequently
removing the valid registry entries, thus causing problems for the user.
There are better security products available to you. I would suggest
you go with an AV program as opposed to a security suite. I would suggest
NOD32, Avast or Kaspersky. If you don't wish to use the native Windows
firewall you can download and install the free Comodo firewall, which is a
very good firewall in my opinion.
If you just purchased the Panda product I would contact the customer
support department and demand your money back based upon the fact that you
cannot get support for the product. If they refuse and you used a credit
card to recently purchase Panda I would call the credit card company and ask
that the charges be reversed. You have the legal right to do this if Panda
promises support in their advertisements and then fails to provide the
advertised support.
It is your choice as to how to handle this matter.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

rtdavide@yahoo.com

Re: Vista and Panda Titanium
On Apr 10, 8:48*am, "C.B." <notreallyc.b.mul...@windowslive.com>
wrote:
> [...]

> firewall you can download and install the free Comodo firewall, which is a
> very good firewall in my opinion.
> * * *If you just purchased the Panda product I would contact the customer
> support department and demand your money back based upon the fact that you
> cannot get support for the product. If they refuse and you used a credit
> card to recently purchase Panda I would call the credit card company and ask
> that the charges be reversed. You have the legal right to do this if Panda
> promises support in their advertisements and then fails to *provide the
> advertised support.
> * * *It is your choice as to how to handle this matter.
>
> C.B.
>
> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
> and unfortunate among us.- Hide quoted text -

checking some previous posts on this board, it seems like the native
windows firewall is as good as anything.
I was checking into the live OneCare and wondering if it was OK as
well?
i suppose it can't hurt to try it for some time since it is free for
90 days. well, it can't hurt unless it actually doesn't work and my
system gets screwed up...

by the way, i just got a worm on monday that ate my hard drive.
someone suggested that it was perhaps panda itself mislabeling the
wininet.dll as infected, but once it "cleaned" the file, that was the
last i saw of my C: Drive.
I ended up having to install another drive and start over from
scratch. sounds like the behavior you described above....

Victek

Re: Vista and Panda Titanium
> checking some previous posts on this board, it seems like the native
> windows firewall is as good as anything.
> I was checking into the live OneCare and wondering if it was OK as
> well?
> i suppose it can't hurt to try it for some time since it is free for
> 90 days. well, it can't hurt unless it actually doesn't work and my
> system gets screwed up...
>
> by the way, i just got a worm on monday that ate my hard drive.
> someone suggested that it was perhaps panda itself mislabeling the
> wininet.dll as infected, but once it "cleaned" the file, that was the
> last i saw of my C: Drive.
> I ended up having to install another drive and start over from
> scratch. sounds like the behavior you described above....

There are a number of choices that work well and are free. For Antivirus
try AVG or Avast! For a firewall try Comodo Firewall Pro v3, or PC Tools
Firewall (or just use the Vista firewall if you don't care about outbound
monitoring). Vista already has Windows Defender Antispyware, but I would
also recommend SuperAntispyware v4 for On Demand scanning (and a second
opinion when necessary).

rtdavide@yahoo.com

Re: Vista and Panda Titanium
On Apr 10, 4:31*pm, "Victek" <Vic...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > checking some previous posts on this board, it seems like the native
> > windows firewall is as good as anything.
> > I was checking into the live OneCare and wondering if it was OK as
> > well?
> > i suppose it can't hurt to try it for some time since it is free for
> > 90 days. well, it can't hurt unless it actually doesn't work and my
> > system gets screwed up...

> > by the way, i just got a worm on monday that ate my hard drive.
> > someone suggested that it was perhaps panda itself mislabeling the
> > wininet.dll as infected, but once it "cleaned" the file, that was the
> > last i saw of my C: Drive.
> > I ended up having to install another drive and start over from
> > scratch. sounds like the behavior you described above....

> There are a number of choices that work well and are free. *For Antivirus
> try AVG or Avast! *For a firewall try Comodo Firewall Pro v3, or PC Tools
> Firewall (or just use the Vista firewall if you don't care about outbound
> monitoring). *Vista already has Windows Defender Antispyware, but I would
> also recommend SuperAntispyware v4 for On Demand scanning (and a second
> opinion when necessary).

i uninstalled Panda and installed avast, and so far the internet at
least works much faster.
there are none of the 40 second delays that i was getting.
i'm using the windows firewalll and the Windows defender as well.

thanks for the recommendation