Unknown Directory

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Dr Rolando E Creagh

Unknown Directory
Gentlemen,
Perhaps I am paranoid, but it upset me a lot when I see an unknown and
unexpected directory (C:\TVTOS) which refuses to allow exploration. No only
is not accessible, it has 0 bytes, 0 folders, is read only and also applied
to files in folder (which there are none, if the statement is believable),
is Hidden, does not display a current owner ("unable to display current
owner"), and refuses any attempt to change ownership, auditor or effective
permission or surrender to "take ownership"
Is the kind of challenge wordy of Dirty Harry. Is this a planted object for
something felonious?
Any clues or suggestions' other than "let it live"?

--
Dr. Rolando E Creagh
Perfection can be the enemy of good

Gary Mount

Re: Unknown Directory
My Internet search shows that that folder may have something to do with
ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery. If your computer is a Think Pad, then I
would guess that it is a folder used for recovery purposes.

"Dr Rolando E Creagh" <recreaghmd_off@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gentlemen,
> Perhaps I am paranoid, but it upset me a lot when I see an unknown and
> unexpected directory (C:\TVTOS) which refuses to allow exploration. No
> only is not accessible, it has 0 bytes, 0 folders, is read only and also
> applied to files in folder (which there are none, if the statement is
> believable), is Hidden, does not display a current owner ("unable to
> display current owner"), and refuses any attempt to change ownership,
> auditor or effective permission or surrender to "take ownership"
> Is the kind of challenge wordy of Dirty Harry. Is this a planted object
> for something felonious?
> Any clues or suggestions' other than "let it live"?
>
> --
> Dr. Rolando E Creagh
> Perfection can be the enemy of good

Dr Rolando E Creagh

Re: Unknown Directory
Indeed, it is a think Pad. Thanks for the info, now my paranoia is relaxed.
Cheers