Re: Help for spy recovery

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Re: Help for spy recovery
Crossposted to Vista Security newsgroup.

There are OneCare-specific newsgroups and web-forums where you can seek
support and ask questions.

Windows Live OneCare Newsgroups:

microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.generaldiscu ssion
microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.antispyware
microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.antivirus
microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.backup
microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.firewall
microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.install
microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.tuneup
microsoft.public.windows.live.onecare.update

Windows Live OneCare Forums:
http://forums.microsoft.com/windowso....aspx?siteid=2
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Renee59 wrote:
> Hello, memembers,
> I got this spy problem and posted this in the Vista area under security,
> in
> the mean time there are some stories there, but not enough answers to my
> questions. I whould be pleased to have some advise on next steps there.
> Can
> somebody help me. Asked there for Mick Murphy, because of his first advise
> on the item. When I started it I did not nknow it whould be severe as
> that.
> So please see the post under "General safety issue". Here the URL to come
> over there. Hope this is allowed. If not, I am realy sorry:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...6-24cb013a2754

Mick Murphy

Re: Help for spy recovery
If you are having problems getting rid of viruses, spyware, etc, when you are
scanning; reboot and use the programs in Safe Mode.
Reboot, tap F8, and then select SM when the list comes up.

The reason for this is that you can not delete a file that is being used.
Safe mode means that there is the bare, basics running in Windows

I don't know how far you got with things, so below is orig advice.

Above is the link for Norton Removal Tool; if using Norton.

Above is a link to Avast Free 4 Home Anti-Virus
It is low resource using, free and Vista 32bit and 64bit compatible.
Only have one (1) anti-virus installed; more than 1 can cause conflicts.

For Spyware removal, use the above link to “Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2”
Download it, install it, update it, immunize your system and scan your
System with it.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

For a non-scanning, but running in the background, Program to STOP Spyware
being downloaded to your Computer, use SpywareBlaster 4, available at the
above link.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia