I cannot allow a programme to run, Defender does not enable me

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

LanM

I cannot allow a programme to run, Defender does not enable me
Hi

I have a back-up programme that is being blocked by Widows Defender and I
have to unblock it every time I power on.

The Windows Defeder Help tells me
"The next time Windows Defender alerts you about the software, on the Action
menu in the Alert dialog box, click Always Allow. If you are prompted for an
administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide
confirmation."

But I cannot find the action menu in the alert box of Windows Defender. The
only menu I found are
- Remove or disable
- Unblock
- help.

When using software explorer in Widows defender, I can see the software but
the button "enable" remains inactive.

How can I declare that a software is allowed?

Thanks to another post, I have been given the idea to use the Task
Scheduler, but it did not give the expected results.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BillD

RE: I cannot allow a programme to run, Defender does not enable me

"LanM" wrote:

> When using software explorer in Widows defender, I can see the software but
> the button "enable" remains inactive.

to activate this button you have to click on "Show for all users" button
which has the UAC's shield on it.
LanM

RE: I cannot allow a programme to run, Defender does not enable me
I did it and ... I did not detected any newly available menu that would solve
the problem.

Thanks in avance for further developping your idea.

Cheers

"BillD" wrote:

> "LanM" wrote:
>
> > When using software explorer in Widows defender, I can see the software but
> > the button "enable" remains inactive.

> to activate this button you have to click on "Show for all users" button
> which has the UAC's shield on it.

PaulB

RE: I cannot allow a programme to run, Defender does not enable me
I use the Task Scheduler for programs like that, to start at logon or at a
particular time and have them run with highest privileges.
--
Paul