Re: Vista Security Center and Norton Internet Security 2008

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Re: Vista Security Center and Norton Internet Security 2008
Forwarded to Vista Security newsgroup via crosspost for more exposure.

Symantec Support
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/index.html

[Some would say that no Norton application is Windows-compatible, let alone
Vista-compatible.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

SandC wrote:
> I have Vista Home Premium and NIS 2008. The Security Center fails to
> recognize the installation of NIS 2008. When I boot up I keep on getting
> messages that are in the "Norton" format that my firewall is turned off,
> then anti-virus is turned off and then spyware is turned off. When I go
> into the Norton Protection center everything is listed as secure and I
> have
> the green checkmark. I have unistalled and reinstalled. I have used the
> Norton removal tool after these uninstalls and I still get these messages.
> Interesting enough when I initially install NIS 2008 the security center
> recognizes it but does not after I reboot the first time. I have verified
> the repository and I have removed it so that a new directory is built.
> Nothing works! Suggestion??

Mick Murphy

Re: Vista Security Center and Norton Internet Security 2008
Uninstall NIS and leave it uninstalled!

Above is a link to Avast Free 4 Home Anti-Virus
It is low resource using, free and Vista 32bit and 64bit compatible.

For Spyware removal, use the above link to “Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2”
Download it, install it, update it, immunize your system and scan your
System with it.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

For a non-scanning, but running in the background, Program to STOP Spyware
being downloaded to your Computer, use SpywareBlaster 4, available at the
above link.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia