Blocked startup programs

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

londonblue

Blocked startup programs

Hi,

Since installing Vista SP1, windows defender alerts me that it has
blocked a startup program. The program it is blocking is by eMPIA
technology, Inc, BDA Monitor application, file name hcwemmon.exe.

Can anyone tell me if this os okay to permit to run or not? Or even if
i need to run it? I'm using vista ulitmate 64.

Any advice welcome, thanks in advance.

--
londonblue
garysgold

Re: Blocked startup programs

Hi londonblue,

Check this out about the warning for blocked programs.
'ITsVISTA Tip 61: Eliminate ‘blocked startup program’
notifications | ITsVISTA'
(http://itsvista.com/2007/07/itsvista...notifications/)

Hope this helps.
Gary

--
garysgold

Vista Home Premium SP1 Q6600 Quad Core 2.40 GHz 4 GB Ram 800 MHz Nvidia
8600GTS 256MB 500 GB HD Exp. Index=5.5
londonblue

Re: Blocked startup programs

Hi Gary,

Thanks for suggesting the link. I've had a look and really I'd like to
know more about the program that is being blocked. It isn't one that I
have blocked myself before using msconfig.

When I tried to follow the steps given in the link, at step 1 it
suggested clicking on the blocked program icon and then run blocked
program, when I do this I do not get the same option that is shown. I am
asked if I want to run BDA monitor application.

I'm not sure I do you see

What do you think? Not running this doesn't seem to affect anything -
so far at least anyway.

Cheers, Ja

--
londonblue
garysgold

Re: Blocked startup programs

I don't know what the program is for. I don't have it on my computer.
Could be part of a program you've installed or maybe from something that
came on the computer. I'm no expert, but if everything seems to be
working ok, I'd just leave it blocked. You can always unblock it if you
find something not working.

Did a google search for hcwemonnon.exe and found this;
'HCWemmon.exe Windows process - What is it?'
(http://www.file.net/process/hcwemmon.exe.html)

Hope this helps.
Gary

--
garysgold

Vista Home Premium SP1 Q6600 Quad Core 2.40 GHz 4 GB Ram 800 MHz Nvidia
8600GTS 256MB 500 GB HD Exp. Index=5.5
mikeyhsd

Re: Blocked startup programs
do a GOOGLE for the program and see what shows up.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"londonblue" <londonblue.373s13@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:londonblue.373s13@no-mx.forums.net...

Hi,

Since installing Vista SP1, windows defender alerts me that it has
blocked a startup program. The program it is blocking is by eMPIA
technology, Inc, BDA Monitor application, file name hcwemmon.exe.

Can anyone tell me if this os okay to permit to run or not? Or even if
i need to run it? I'm using vista ulitmate 64.

Any advice welcome, thanks in advance.

--
londonblue
Hank Arnold (MVP)

londonblue wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> Thanks for suggesting the link. I've had a look and really I'd like to
> know more about the program that is being blocked. It isn't one that I
> have blocked myself before using msconfig.
>
> When I tried to follow the steps given in the link, at step 1 it
> suggested clicking on the blocked program icon and then run blocked
> program, when I do this I do not get the same option that is shown. I am
> asked if I want to run BDA monitor application.
>
> I'm not sure I do you see
>
> What do you think? Not running this doesn't seem to affect anything -
> so far at least anyway.
>
> Cheers, Ja

From
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...ary/hcwemmon/:

"hcwemmon.exe is a BDA Monitor Application from eMPIA Technology, Inc.
belonging to BDA Monitor Application"

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold