sp1 not listed in windows update.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Neerav

sp1 not listed in windows update.
sp1 is not listed in windows update when searching from vista business. what
to do?

Neerav

Larry

Re: sp1 not listed in windows update.
I seem to fall into the same category. I haven't found an answer yet.

"Neerav" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
> sp1 is not listed in windows update when searching from vista business.
> what to do?
>
> Neerav

DevilsPGD

Re: sp1 not listed in windows update.
In message <#6SnwMxjIHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl> "Larry"
<larrym6833@msn.com> wrote:

>I seem to fall into the same category. I haven't found an answer yet.

There are a couple reasons, the most common being that you have a
language installed which isn't supported, or a driver which won't
upgrade properly.

If your problem is the first, you need to remove that language.

If your problem is the second, I believe the standalone installer will
still run, although I'm not entirely certain.

Give it a shot and see?
f/fgeorge

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:24:52 +0530, "Neerav" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:

>sp1 is not listed in windows update when searching from vista business. what
>to do?
>
>Neerav

There are MILLIONS of Vista users, not every single one will get the
notice that it is available on the very first day, or even the very
first week. Give it time, it WILL come thru. Yes you can download it
directly from MS and install it yourself, it will work just fine. On
that page it says some people may not get notified until mid April or
so.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: sp1 not listed in windows update.
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from
Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

DevilsPGD wrote:

> In message <#6SnwMxjIHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl> "Larry"
> <larrym6833@msn.com> wrote:
>

>>I seem to fall into the same category. I haven't found an answer yet.

> There are a couple reasons, the most common being that you have a
> language installed which isn't supported, or a driver which won't
> upgrade properly.
>
> If your problem is the first, you need to remove that language.
>
> If your problem is the second, I believe the standalone installer will
> still run, although I'm not entirely certain.
>
> Give it a shot and see?

Scrivener

Re: sp1 not listed in windows update.
I ran into the same problem attempting to update my son's computer running
Vista. A resolution was offered in Windows Vista General Forum. I followed
that person's advice, and it worked like a charm.

Check out MowGreen's direction to follow Microsoft's
revelations/recommendations in the link he provided. Make certain all your
drivers are up to date, and everything that's important to you on your hard
drive is backed up. Take the time to make an image of your hard drive, just
in case. Then try what "e" suggests.

Here is his quote:

"MowGreen [MVP]" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from
> Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> DevilsPGD wrote:
>
>> In message <#6SnwMxjIHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl> "Larry"
>> <larrym6833@msn.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I seem to fall into the same category. I haven't found an answer yet.

>> There are a couple reasons, the most common being that you have a
>> language installed which isn't supported, or a driver which won't
>> upgrade properly.
>>
>> If your problem is the first, you need to remove that language.
>>
>> If your problem is the second, I believe the standalone installer will
>> still run, although I'm not entirely certain.
>>
>> Give it a shot and see?

Michael

RE: sp1 not listed in windows update.
Here is a link for the stand alone:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb738089.aspx
I read somewhere that it will be available on Windows Update in a week. I
can't find the article. Sorry!

"Neerav" wrote:

> sp1 is not listed in windows update when searching from vista business. what
> to do?
>
> Neerav

kentsyl

Re: sp1 not listed in windows update.
I have Vista Home Premium sp1 on my box that was downloded and installed
(sp1,not Vista Home Premium) by automatic update, I"m not sure when but if I
check the properties it shows sp1 on the properties page. I have automatic
updates set to download and install.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from
> Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> DevilsPGD wrote:
>
> > In message <#6SnwMxjIHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl> "Larry"
> > <larrym6833@msn.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I seem to fall into the same category. I haven't found an answer yet.

> > There are a couple reasons, the most common being that you have a
> > language installed which isn't supported, or a driver which won't
> > upgrade properly.
> >
> > If your problem is the first, you need to remove that language.
> >
> > If your problem is the second, I believe the standalone installer will
> > still run, although I'm not entirely certain.
> >
> > Give it a shot and see?

Scrivener

Re: sp1 not listed in windows update.
If it shows SP1, then it is installed. You're all set.

mE