Keeping Vista Firewall messages from poping up

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Jack

Keeping Vista Firewall messages from poping up
I have a Westell Versalink 327w modem from ATT.
It has a hard wired firewall in it. So I have turned off
the Windows Vista Firewall. BUT Windows Vista repeatedly
keeps on asking me to turn it's firewall on. This is very
annoying and I would like to disable it.
How can I do that?
Bob

Re: Keeping Vista Firewall messages from poping up
Control Panel>Security Center>Change how security center alerts me.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE6E55E3-D041-42CB-90E3-E7B925C523BA@microsoft.com...
>I have a Westell Versalink 327w modem from ATT.
> It has a hard wired firewall in it. So I have turned off
> the Windows Vista Firewall. BUT Windows Vista repeatedly
> keeps on asking me to turn it's firewall on. This is very
> annoying and I would like to disable it.
> How can I do that?

DL

Re: Keeping Vista Firewall messages from poping up
Surely this is a NAT firewall, which is not quite the same thing, and doesnt
alleviate the requirement or a software firewall

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE6E55E3-D041-42CB-90E3-E7B925C523BA@microsoft.com...
>I have a Westell Versalink 327w modem from ATT.
> It has a hard wired firewall in it. So I have turned off
> the Windows Vista Firewall. BUT Windows Vista repeatedly
> keeps on asking me to turn it's firewall on. This is very
> annoying and I would like to disable it.
> How can I do that?

Brink

Jack;661568 Wrote:
> I have a Westell Versalink 327w modem from ATT.
> It has a hard wired firewall in it. So I have turned off
> the Windows Vista Firewall. BUT Windows Vista repeatedly
> keeps on asking me to turn it's firewall on. This is very
> annoying and I would like to disable it.
> How can I do that?

Hi Jack,

This will show you how to disable the Security Center alert
notification.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/90...ification.html

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Bob

Re: Keeping Vista Firewall messages from poping up
Good point DL!
-------

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> Surely this is a NAT firewall, which is not quite the same thing, and
> doesnt alleviate the requirement or a software firewall
>
> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsE6E55E3-D041-42CB-90E3-E7B925C523BA@microsoft.com...
>>I have a Westell Versalink 327w modem from ATT.
>> It has a hard wired firewall in it. So I have turned off
>> the Windows Vista Firewall. BUT Windows Vista repeatedly
>> keeps on asking me to turn it's firewall on. This is very
>> annoying and I would like to disable it.
>> How can I do that?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Keeping Vista Firewall messages from poping up
Surely not. It has a stateful firewall. ;-)

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> Surely this is a NAT firewall, which is not quite the same thing, and
> doesnt alleviate the requirement or a software firewall

Kayman

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:45:02 -0700, Jack wrote:

> I have a Westell Versalink 327w modem from ATT.
> It has a hard wired firewall in it. So I have turned off
> the Windows Vista Firewall. BUT Windows Vista repeatedly
> keeps on asking me to turn it's firewall on. This is very
> annoying and I would like to disable it.
> How can I do that?

You are not going to find anything better than the Vista FW and Vista in
itself due to the advanced features the FW and Vista are using.

Jesper's Blogs-
At Least This Snake Oil Is Free.
http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesp...l-is-free.aspx
Windows Firewall: the best new security feature in Vista?
http://blogs.technet.com/jesper_joha...01/426921.aspx

Exploring The Windows Firewall.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...l/default.aspx