virus Trojan.Tooso in AppData\Local\Temp

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

HAL9000

virus Trojan.Tooso in AppData\Local\Temp
Every day when I swich on my computer (windows vista Business 32 bit)
my antivirus (symantec corporate edition 10) with real time scan tell
me that found Trojan.Tooso in a lot of files. The antivirsus seem to
delete the file succesfully: if i made a complete scan of my computer
i don't find any virus. All the virus that the real time scan find
every day are located in the dir c:\users\user\AppData\Local\Temp.
I think there are not security risk, i think that is all about shadows
copies or something like system restore but i would like to0 fix this
alert.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot
Kayman

Re: virus Trojan.Tooso in AppData\Local\Temp
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:32:40 -0700 (PDT), HAL9000 wrote:

> Every day when I swich on my computer (windows vista Business 32 bit)
> my antivirus (symantec corporate edition 10) with real time scan tell
> me that found Trojan.Tooso in a lot of files. The antivirsus seem to
> delete the file succesfully: if i made a complete scan of my computer
> i don't find any virus. All the virus that the real time scan find
> every day are located in the dir c:\users\user\AppData\Local\Temp.
> I think there are not security risk, i think that is all about shadows
> copies or something like system restore but i would like to0 fix this
> alert.
> Can anyone help me?

Trojan.Tooso is a Trojan horse that interferes with the operation of
security software by terminating processes, stopping services, removing
registry ...Google for info.

Download David H. Lipman's MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL:
http://www.pctipp.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
English:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...irus-for-free/

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE to
go through your

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in
Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web
site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and
Reboot the PC.

You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files
or you can
download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. Once you have
downloaded the files
needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe
Mode [F8 key
during boot] and re-run the menu again and choose which scanner you want to
run in Safe
Mode. It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal
Mode.

When the menu is displayed hitting 'H' or 'h' will bring up a more
comprehensive PDF help
file.

Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm
Mick Murphy

RE: virus Trojan.Tooso in AppData\Local\Temp
Reboot your computer.
Tap F8 at Power On/Startup. You should get a list of options to select.
Use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to select Safe Mode; then hit ENTER.

Do a Virus Scan of your computer in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode has your computer starting with the barest essentials running.
And you can not delete anything that is in use; thus Safe mode.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia