explorer.exe not working right

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Samip

explorer.exe not working right

whenever i log in, it sometimes says that explorer.exe is not
responding. I then restart it, but whenever i try to open something that
needs explorer.exe, like my computer, explorer.exe goes away again and i
lose my desktop and task bar. This has been happening for the past few
days, and i don't want to use a restore because that would take me back
around 2 months ago. Please help me fix it this.

--
Samip
roy69

Re: explorer.exe not working right

List your specs.
Have you got any type of networking?
Go to you error logs by;

Left Click on Start Menu.
Right click on Computer and choose manage.
Click on the event viewer.
You now have loads of options to try and pin down what is happening.
Expand the error tab.
Look for things in the last 24 hours.

Your reliability and performance logs can also be found in the same
place.

Post what you find.

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Dual Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
- Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU
Samip

Re: explorer.exe not working right

Specs:
P5NSLI Motherboard
Pentium D 3.6Ghz Dual Core
6 Gb of Ram (only 3 show up since i have 32 bit vista, I think)
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS
320 GB HD, some is partitioned for other things

Error Log:
Event ID: 1000
Application Error
4 in last 24 hours

Event ID: 7031
Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider
System Error
10 in last 24 hours

Event ID: 6008
EventLog
System Error
1 in last 24 hours

Event ID: 7043
Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider
System Error
1 in last 24 hours

Event ID: 6
ACPI
System Error
15 in last 24 hours (250 in last 7 days)

Tell me of you need any more information

--
Samip
Bob

Re: explorer.exe not working right
What firewall, anti-virus application or security suite is installed?

"Samip" <Samip.36qmf1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> whenever i log in, it sometimes says that explorer.exe is not
> responding. I then restart it, but whenever i try to open something that
> needs explorer.exe, like my computer, explorer.exe goes away again and i
> lose my desktop and task bar. This has been happening for the past few
> days, and i don't want to use a restore because that would take me back
> around 2 months ago. Please help me fix it this.
>

> --
> Samip

Samip

Re: explorer.exe not working right

Norton 360

--
Samip
fahrudi

Re: explorer.exe not working right

I have vista 32 bit. I have update my vista with windows update (windows
dream sceen). But i have some problem that i cann't open that program
and i get massege "explorer exe. Aplications Eror". any body can help
me, please???
If you have any answer about my problem, please send email or else to
fahrudi.anto@yahoo.com. I will say very thanks to you.

--
fahrudi

Chappy

Re: explorer.exe not working right

To fahrudi

Along with not giving out your email on any forums, please don't Hijack
somebody elses thread with your question, start your own thread for your
questions.
Trying to answer more than one person or question in a thread can get
very confusing and then nobody gets proper help.

Proper forum etiquette is to always start a new thread in the forum
board that's most appropriate to your problem, and always use a
descriptive title for the thread and not just a "Help Me" kind of title.

Thanx

--
Chappy

::*_DAVE_* ::- vista ultimate 64bit - nzxt lexa classic case - asus
commando mobo (p965/ich8r) - intel e6750 core 2 - zalman 9700 cpu cooler
- 4g's crucial ballistix tracer ddr2 pc26400 ram - bfg 8800gts oc2 320mb
- 2 x 22\" w2207 lcd monitors - 2 x 250g, 2 x 500g sata ii hdd's, 2 dvd
burners c/w lightscribe (sony, tsst) - enermax noisetaker ii 600w psu
with custom chrome cable sleeving - hauppauge hdtv tv tuner card - 5.1
logitech z5500 speakers - 15 in 1 multi-card reader

::*We will _NEVER_ Forget!*::
Malke

Chappy wrote:

> To fahrudi
>
> Along with not giving out your email on any forums, please don't Hijack
> somebody elses thread with your question, start your own thread for your
> questions.
> Trying to answer more than one person or question in a thread can get
> very confusing and then nobody gets proper help.
>
> Proper forum etiquette is to always start a new thread in the forum
> board that's most appropriate to your problem, and always use a
> descriptive title for the thread and not just a "Help Me" kind of title.

If you're going to tell someone else about netiquette, make sure you follow
it yourself by:

1. Quoting at least the pertinent parts of the post to which you are
replying.

2. Having a signature that is 4 lines maximum.

And you are actually not posting on a forum but are using a web interface
that just scrapes Usenet posts. See below for the explanation:

Since you are using a web interface, you may not realize that this is really
a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you learn to use
a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use
Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you already have it.
Here are some links to information about newsgroups:

About Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief explanation
of newsgroups

Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is working
properly
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting