Digital Signing in Vista Platform

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

nor izyani daud

Digital Signing in Vista Platform
I'm develop a smart card programming. I want to do digital signing.. The
problem is.. My program get stuck when it want to do the signing..

My program supposely to read the data from the smart card.. Then it will put
it in the Vista registry.. The problem is.. My program cannot put the data
from the smart card into teh registry.. So, when the program to do the
signing, cannot read the certificate, it will show an error.

My question is..

Is there any setting need to be done in order for me to the data in the
registry. Actually, I can straightly do the setting in registry via the
Install Shield program. But, for the certificate information, we cannot do
that because the certificate information is by card.

Mark

Re: Digital Signing in Vista Platform
If your digitally signed product is for a single computer, or within a set
of known computers:
Vista is very particular about signatures.
If this is a self-signed certificate, then the certificate must be
pre-loaded into the trusted Personal Certificates area. It will not work on
other computers without first answering the prompts that the certificate was
intended to bypass.

Smart Card information:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...sumptions.mspx
(See end of pg 2 and pg 5.)

If your digitally signed product is for commercial use:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo.../kmsigning.doc

"nor izyani daud" <nor izyani daud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A33E91B0-63F6-4F83-A3D0-5A6362384956@microsoft.com...
> I'm develop a smart card programming. I want to do digital signing.. The
> problem is.. My program get stuck when it want to do the signing..
>
> My program supposely to read the data from the smart card.. Then it will
> put
> it in the Vista registry.. The problem is.. My program cannot put the data
> from the smart card into teh registry.. So, when the program to do the
> signing, cannot read the certificate, it will show an error.
>
> My question is..
>
> Is there any setting need to be done in order for me to the data in the
> registry. Actually, I can straightly do the setting in registry via the
> Install Shield program. But, for the certificate information, we cannot do
> that because the certificate information is by card.

nor izyani daud

Re: Digital Signing in Vista Platform
Hi,
The certificate is installed inside the smart card. We use our program, C++
codes to load the information to the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE(dll). The
program will supposedly to read the data and load it in the registry. During
the signing process, the program will use the iSign.ocx program to read the
certificate information.
Is Visual C++ programming language compatible with Vista platform?
Or is there any security issue if we want to load in information to the
Vista registry?