I keep getting system alerts about spyware

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

TheRazor

I keep getting system alerts about spyware
Hello all
I hope someone can help me i keep getting a system alert about spyware or a
trojan but i have norton 360 installed and up to date and it does not find
anything i have also run windows defender wich also finds nothing when i
click on the popup box it takes me to a website trying to sell me Win
SpyKiller this also happens when i try to open internet explorer when it
should open my home page it takes me to the same site. I hope someone can
help me because i am woried that this me be serious.
Malke

Re: I keep getting system alerts about spyware
TheRazor wrote:

> Hello all
> I hope someone can help me i keep getting a system alert about spyware or
> a trojan but i have norton 360 installed and up to date and it does not
> find anything i have also run windows defender wich also finds nothing
> when i click on the popup box it takes me to a website trying to sell me
> Win SpyKiller this also happens when i try to open internet explorer when
> it should open my home page it takes me to the same site. I hope someone
> can help me because i am woried that this me be serious.

The "system alerts" are not coming from Windows but are coming from malware.
Go to this link and see if you can find a removal tutorial for this "Win
SpyKiller".

If not, register at BleepingComputer or one of the specialty forums listed
below for guided help. Please do *not* post HijackThis logs here in the MS
newsgroups - use whatever forum you have chosen for that.

http://aumha.net/ - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
the stickies *first*.
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
TheRazor

Re: I keep getting system alerts about spyware
Thanks for your help i have now fixed this problem.

"Malke" wrote:

> TheRazor wrote:
>
> > Hello all
> > I hope someone can help me i keep getting a system alert about spyware or
> > a trojan but i have norton 360 installed and up to date and it does not
> > find anything i have also run windows defender wich also finds nothing
> > when i click on the popup box it takes me to a website trying to sell me
> > Win SpyKiller this also happens when i try to open internet explorer when
> > it should open my home page it takes me to the same site. I hope someone
> > can help me because i am woried that this me be serious.

> The "system alerts" are not coming from Windows but are coming from malware.
> Go to this link and see if you can find a removal tutorial for this "Win
> SpyKiller".
>
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum55.html
>
> If not, register at BleepingComputer or one of the specialty forums listed
> below for guided help. Please do *not* post HijackThis logs here in the MS
> newsgroups - use whatever forum you have chosen for that.
>
> http://aumha.net/ - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
> the stickies *first*.
> http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
> http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
> http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
> http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
> http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Nigel Molesworth

Re: I keep getting system alerts about spyware
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:26:05 -0700, TheRazor
<TheRazor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have norton 360 installed

That'll be the problem then.

Bob

Re: I keep getting system alerts about spyware
Seconded.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375