.Net 1.1 moved to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise does not work for regular users, but works for Admins

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

LVP

.Net 1.1 moved to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise does not work for regular users, but works for Admins
Hello,

I know this is not the right user group but I am really stuck and need
direction

I moved my .Net 1.1 desktop application to Windows 2008 Server and it only
works for Administrators and not regular users.
It has to do with access to Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement,
maybe, or maybe not, I think
When we installed Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement we did
this for everyone and not the Admins only.
with or without installing Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement
the application only works for Admins

The system admin can not handle it at this time so we are trying to get some
direction or input from someplace.

The error message I am getting is:

myApplication.exe Has Stopped working.

Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: myApplication.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.1.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 47755e77
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 45fefc9a
Problem Signature 07: 40
Problem Signature 08: 51
Problem Signature 09: System.Security.Security
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.18.38
Locale ID: 1033
Any Help is appreciated,

Thank You,

LVP

Susan Bradley

Re: .Net 1.1 moved to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise does not workfor regular users, but works for Admins
LVP wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know this is not the right user group but I am really stuck and need
> direction
>
> I moved my .Net 1.1 desktop application to Windows 2008 Server and it only
> works for Administrators and not regular users.
> It has to do with access to Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement,
> maybe, or maybe not, I think
> When we installed Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement we did
> this for everyone and not the Admins only.
> with or without installing Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement
> the application only works for Admins
>
> The system admin can not handle it at this time so we are trying to get some
> direction or input from someplace.
>
> The error message I am getting is:
>
> myApplication.exe Has Stopped working.

> Stopped working
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
> Problem Signature 01: myApplication.exe
> Problem Signature 02: 2.1.0.0
> Problem Signature 03: 47755e77
> Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement
> Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
> Problem Signature 06: 45fefc9a
> Problem Signature 07: 40
> Problem Signature 08: 51
> Problem Signature 09: System.Security.Security
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.18.38
> Locale ID: 1033
> Any Help is appreciated,
>
> Thank You,
>
> LVP

Have you tried running it under classic (whatever the setting is in IIS7
to emulate the .net/IIS6? Apologies for forgetting the wording.
LVP

Re: .Net 1.1 moved to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise does not work for regular users, but works for Admins
Susan,
This is a Win-App Application and not a web app.

Any other ideas?

Thank you

LVP

LVP wrote:
> Susan,
> This is a Win-App Application and not a web app.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thank you
>
> LVP
>
> "Susan Bradley" <sbradcpa@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> LVP wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I know this is not the right user group but I am really stuck and need
>>> direction
>>>
>>> I moved my .Net 1.1 desktop application to Windows 2008 Server and it
>>> only
>>> works for Administrators and not regular users.
>>> It has to do with access to
>>> Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement,
>>> maybe, or maybe not, I think
>>> When we installed Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement we did
>>> this for everyone and not the Admins only.
>>> with or without installing
>>> Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement
>>> the application only works for Admins
>>>
>>> The system admin can not handle it at this time so we are trying to get
>>> some
>>> direction or input from someplace.
>>>
>>> The error message I am getting is:
>>>
>>> myApplication.exe Has Stopped working.

>>> Stopped working
>>>
>>> Problem signature:
>>> Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
>>> Problem Signature 01: myApplication.exe
>>> Problem Signature 02: 2.1.0.0
>>> Problem Signature 03: 47755e77
>>> Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement
>>> Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
>>> Problem Signature 06: 45fefc9a
>>> Problem Signature 07: 40
>>> Problem Signature 08: 51
>>> Problem Signature 09: System.Security.Security
>>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.18.38
>>> Locale ID: 1033
>>> Any Help is appreciated,
>>>
>>> Thank You,
>>>
>>> LVP
>>>

>> Have you tried running it under classic (whatever the setting is in IIS7
>> to emulate the .net/IIS6? Apologies for forgetting the wording.

Not sure then, probably best posted in either the Win2k8 or .net group then.
LVP

Re: .Net 1.1 moved to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise does not work for regular users, but works for Admins
Susan,

do you know the the W2k8 url?? I don't see it.