SP1

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

brutus

SP1
why does this download get hung up at 99 percent
--
brutus
Brink

Re: SP1

brutus;655890 Wrote:
> why does this download get hung up at 99 percent
> --
> brutus

Hi Brutus,

You might try downloading the standalone version of the SP1 to see if
you have better luck with it.

'Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language
Standalone (KB936330)'
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
brutus

Re: SP1

--
brutus

"Brink" wrote:

> brutus;655890 Wrote:
> > why does this download get hung up at 99 percent
> > --
> > brutus

> Hi Brutus,
>
> You might try downloading the standalone version of the SP1 to see if
> you have better luck with it.
>
> 'Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language
> Standalone (KB936330)'
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
> Brutus tried the standalone version ,failed to reboot after download,

said missing file ntoskrnl. exe status 0xc0000098 . help
Brink

Re: SP1

brutus;655998 Wrote:
> --
> brutus
>

> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > brutus;655890 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Brutus,
> > >
> > > You might try downloading the standalone version of the SP1 to see if
> > > you have better luck with it.
> > >
> > > 'Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language
> > > Standalone (KB936330)'
> > > ('Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language

> > Standalone (KB936330)'
> > (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en))
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*VISTA FORUMS*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*
> > > Brutus tried the standalone version ,failed to reboot after download,
> > > >

> said missing file ntoskrnl. exe status 0xc0000098 . help

Brutus,

See if running a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) command can repair or
replace that system file for you, then see if you can install the SP1.
This will show you how if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html

Shawn

"Brink" wrote:

> brutus;655998 Wrote:
> > --
> > brutus

> > > Standalone (KB936330)'
> > > (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en))

> > said missing file ntoskrnl. exe status 0xc0000098 . help

> Brutus,
>
> See if running a "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) command can repair or
> replace that system file for you, then see if you can install the SP1.
> This will show you how if needed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
> Brutus -sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them.

the question is how do i repair these corrupt files.
brutus

Re: SP1

--
brutus