I Keep Getting System Alerts About Spyware

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Bmore

I Keep Getting System Alerts About Spyware
Hello Family:
I need some serious help. In the bottom tray I have this red X that's
flashing, then I keep getting these 'system alerts' that spyware was
detected, my laptop is running slow but the alerts are a freekin nuisance. I
have the latest McAffe Security and when I run a scan it says my system is
protected. If it is protected, then why am I getting these annoying alerts
every 5-10 seconds and how I PLEASE stop them.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Bmo
Malke

Re: I Keep Getting System Alerts About Spyware
Bmore wrote:

> Hello Family:
> I need some serious help. In the bottom tray I have this red X that's
> flashing, then I keep getting these 'system alerts' that spyware was
> detected, my laptop is running slow but the alerts are a freekin nuisance.
> I have the latest McAffe Security and when I run a scan it says my system
> is
> protected. If it is protected, then why am I getting these annoying
> alerts every 5-10 seconds and how I PLEASE stop them.

The red X that is giving you "system alerts" is the malware. Since you
didn't mention the program that the "system alerts" is trying to get you to
buy (and don't buy it!), I can't give you specific removal instructions. Go
to this link and find the removal instructions for your malware:

Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

Otherwise read the posting FAQ at BleepingComputer (or other specialty
forums listed below) and post a HijackThis log at one of them. *Not* here.

http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Merijn
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=42 - another
tutorial
http://aumha.net/ - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
the stickies *first*.
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Pamela G

Re: I Keep Getting System Alerts About Spyware
FWIW; My main desktop is in tech now with 3 major trojans that started
exactly like that. I may need to replace one of the hard drives. They steal
passwords and get very deep into your system very fast. I was not able to
clean it up after many hours and I do know most of the tricks. I'd suggest
you take the infected computer offline immediately and get it to a specialty
tech to clean out.
Pamela