Deleted Temp Folder

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

sfd234

Deleted Temp Folder
I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it. There
are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
Bob F.

Re: Deleted Temp Folder
It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or error
messages otherwise?

--
Regards, BobF.
"sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
>There
> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.

Bob

Re: Deleted Temp Folder

Take a look in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
>>There
>> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
>> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
>> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.

Andy

RE: Deleted Temp Folder

--
Andy

"sfd234" wrote:

> I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it. There
> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.

sfd234

Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Thanks for geting back to me. It says no items match my search.

"Bob F." wrote:

> It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or error
> messages otherwise?
>
> --
> Regards, BobF.
> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
> >There
> > are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> > sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> > cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.

Hi. I don't get any error messages.
Bob F.

Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Well, I remember a long time ago, I wanted to kill cookies so I deleted the
folder, and just like the birthday candles you can't blow out, it came right
back. But if it won't come back on its own, try creating a new set of
folders. You can manage them by going to, In IE: Tools > Internet Options
> Browsing History - Settings. Then you can see them or move them around.

If create a new folder location and move them back this should do it.

--

> "Bob F." wrote:
>
>> It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or
>> error
>> messages otherwise?
>>
>> --
>> Regards, BobF.
>> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
>> >There
>> > are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
>> > sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
>> > cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.

> Hi. I don't get any error messages.

sfd234

Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Thanks, I'll try that. I see that my files now contain things like the jpegs
and headers, but still no cookies. I went to settings and clicked allow all
cookies, but that didn't help.

"Bob F." wrote:

> Well, I remember a long time ago, I wanted to kill cookies so I deleted the
> folder, and just like the birthday candles you can't blow out, it came right
> back. But if it won't come back on its own, try creating a new set of
> folders. You can manage them by going to, In IE: Tools > Internet Options
> > Browsing History - Settings. Then you can see them or move them around.

> If create a new folder location and move them back this should do it.
>
> --
> Regards, BobF.
> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Bob F." wrote:
> >
> >> It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or
> >> error
> >> messages otherwise?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards, BobF.
> >> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Hi. I don't get any error messages.

Bob

Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Did you navigate to the folder?

-------

> Thanks for geting back to me. It says no items match my search.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>

>> Take a look in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low.
>> -------
>> *Report back, please*
>> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
>> so
>> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

SG

Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Hi,

Have you rebooted your system yet?