WindowsUpdate_800B0100

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Reynald Frey

WindowsUpdate_800B0100
I am unable to do update under Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. The
systems keeps telling me they are update, but I can't download them and I
receive a messager error "WindowsUpdate_800B0100 ".

Does anyone has the same problem and find a solution.

Thank you
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100
800B0100 No signature was present in the subject

1) Was the system ever able to update properly ?
2) Which firewall, antivirus, or security suite is being used ?
3) Have you tried manually downloading any of the updates from the
Microsoft Download Center to see if they would install ?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/S...displaylang=en

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Reynald Frey wrote:

> I am unable to do update under Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. The
> systems keeps telling me they are update, but I can't download them and I
> receive a messager error "WindowsUpdate_800B0100 ".
>
> Does anyone has the same problem and find a solution.
>
> Thank you

mndallas

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100
I'm having the same issue. here's the answers, but then/
1)yes
2)windows firewall, NOD32 antivirus 2.7
3)havent tried to manually download. the latest that wont load is SP1. the
download center emphasizes it's best to get it through Windows Update

Please help!

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 800B0100 No signature was present in the subject
>
> 1) Was the system ever able to update properly ?
> 2) Which firewall, antivirus, or security suite is being used ?
> 3) Have you tried manually downloading any of the updates from the
> Microsoft Download Center to see if they would install ?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/S...displaylang=en
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Reynald Frey wrote:
>
> > I am unable to do update under Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. The
> > systems keeps telling me they are update, but I can't download them and I
> > receive a messager error "WindowsUpdate_800B0100 ".
> >
> > Does anyone has the same problem and find a solution.
> >
> > Thank you

CarolinaFaithful

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100

Try this link: 'Problems when viewing or downloading from Windows
Update' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193385)

--
CarolinaFaithful

Your knowledge is appreciated. One can never learn too much.

Stan Kay

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100+WindowsUpdate+error
This is a known problem and Microsoft have issued advice on how to resolve
the problem. Follow this link:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193385

Good luck.

"amir golchian" wrote in message news:2008720442amir_golchian@yahoo.com...

> I am unable to do update under Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. The
> systems keeps telling me they are update, but I can't download them and I
> receive a messager error "WindowsUpdate_800B0100 ".
>
> Does anyone has the same problem and find a solution.
>
> Thank you

Nonny

"Stan Kay" <stan.kay@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>This is a known problem and Microsoft have issued advice on how to resolve
>the problem. Follow this link:-
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193385
>
>Good luck.

Ummm....

APPLIES TO
Microsoft Windows Update, when used with:
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition

>"amir golchian" wrote in message news:2008720442amir_golchian@yahoo.com...
>>

>> I am unable to do update under Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. The
>> systems keeps telling me they are update, but I can't download them and I
>> receive a messager error "WindowsUpdate_800B0100 ".
>>
>> Does anyone has the same problem and find a solution.
>>
>> Thank you

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100
> NOD32 antivirus 2.7

Update to the latest Version of NOD32, 3.0:
http://www.eset.com/products/nod32.php

2.7 is not listed as compatible with Vista
BTW, you are replying to a thread from March. Suggest you start a new
one when the system has issues.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

mndallas wrote:

> I'm having the same issue. here's the answers, but then/
> 1)yes
> 2)windows firewall, NOD32 antivirus 2.7
> 3)havent tried to manually download. the latest that wont load is SP1. the
> download center emphasizes it's best to get it through Windows Update
>
> Please help!
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>800B0100 No signature was present in the subject
>>
>>1) Was the system ever able to update properly ?
>>2) Which firewall, antivirus, or security suite is being used ?
>>3) Have you tried manually downloading any of the updates from the
>>Microsoft Download Center to see if they would install ?
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/S...displaylang=en
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>Reynald Frey wrote:
>>

>>>I am unable to do update under Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. The
>>>systems keeps telling me they are update, but I can't download them and I
>>>receive a messager error "WindowsUpdate_800B0100 ".
>>>
>>>Does anyone has the same problem and find a solution.
>>>
>>>Thank you

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100+WindowsUpdate+error
I highly doubt that KB article applies to Vista:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193385
> APPLIES TO
> Microsoft Windows Update, when used with:
> Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
> Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
> Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition

The System Update Readiness Tool is *supposed* to resolve the 800B0100
error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten