Activation

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Chris

Activation
Hi
I have been using Vista Home Premium for about 6 months now, no problems.
My PC overheated and I fried my motherboard, processor and ram. I have now
upgraded to a quad core system and reinstalled Vista. Now it's asking me to
activate and when I try I get the error message that my product key is
already in use. I have now got 27 days left to activate and don't know how
to.
Any suggestions.

Thanks

Paul Adare

Re: Activation
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:01:19 +1000, Chris wrote:

> I have been using Vista Home Premium for about 6 months now, no problems.
> My PC overheated and I fried my motherboard, processor and ram. I have now
> upgraded to a quad core system and reinstalled Vista. Now it's asking me to
> activate and when I try I get the error message that my product key is
> already in use. I have now got 27 days left to activate and don't know how
> to.
> Any suggestions.

Follow the instructions on the activation screen and call Microsoft.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Virtual Machines
Dustin Harper

Re: Activation
Go to activate, and select "Activate by Phone". Give Microsoft a call and
they will get you activated in about 5 minutes.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Chris" <traceychris@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
newsF836509-BBBC-410F-84A8-D3D6AE9B3F08@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I have been using Vista Home Premium for about 6 months now, no problems.
> My PC overheated and I fried my motherboard, processor and ram. I have
> now upgraded to a quad core system and reinstalled Vista. Now it's asking
> me to activate and when I try I get the error message that my product key
> is already in use. I have now got 27 days left to activate and don't know
> how to.
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks

Brink

Re: Activation

Chris;648406 Wrote:
> Hi
> I have been using Vista Home Premium for about 6 months now, no
> problems.
> My PC overheated and I fried my motherboard, processor and ram. I have
> now
> upgraded to a quad core system and reinstalled Vista. Now it's asking
> me to
> activate and when I try I get the error message that my product key is
> already in use. I have now got 27 days left to activate and don't know
> how
> to.
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks

Hi Chris,

Since you changed your motherboard and etc..., Vista thinks you are
trying to install it on another computer. This is why you received this
error message. You will just need to do a phone activation to get your
Vista activated again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Shawn

--
Brink

[image: http://uswave.net/vistax64/brinkvx64.png]
THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS, JUST THE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT ASK THEM.
'*Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
John Barnett MVP

Re: Activation
Chris, check this link from my website:

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Chris" <traceychris@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
newsF836509-BBBC-410F-84A8-D3D6AE9B3F08@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I have been using Vista Home Premium for about 6 months now, no problems.
> My PC overheated and I fried my motherboard, processor and ram. I have
> now upgraded to a quad core system and reinstalled Vista. Now it's asking
> me to activate and when I try I get the error message that my product key
> is already in use. I have now got 27 days left to activate and don't know
> how to.
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks

AW Barton

Re: Activation
"Brink" <Brink.36cr41@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Chris;648406 Wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have been using Vista Home Premium for about 6 months now, no
>> problems.
>> My PC overheated and I fried my motherboard, processor and ram. I have
>> now
>> upgraded to a quad core system and reinstalled Vista. Now it's asking
>> me to
>> activate and when I try I get the error message that my product key is
>> already in use. I have now got 27 days left to activate and don't know
>> how
>> to.
>> Any suggestions.
>>
>> Thanks

> Hi Chris,
>
> Since you changed your motherboard and etc..., Vista thinks you are
> trying to install it on another computer. This is why you received this
> error message. You will just need to do a phone activation to get your
> Vista activated again.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html
>
> Shawn

Microsoft.