Is it safe-Access Manager Password Storage program

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

David

Is it safe-Access Manager Password Storage program
Can someone suggest a password storage program that is safe to download? I
tried the free Access Manager download but the popup warning from Microsoft
scared me into not running it. Thank you.
--
David
Paul Adare

Re: Is it safe-Access Manager Password Storage program
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 04:49:00 -0700, David wrote:

> Can someone suggest a password storage program that is safe to download? I
> tried the free Access Manager download but the popup warning from Microsoft
> scared me into not running it. Thank you.

What warning was that exactly? Microsoft does not put such specific warning
messages into their products.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Virtual Machines
robert.stojanov@gmail.com

On 16 íÁÒÔ, 02:43, Paul Adare <pkad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 04:49:00 -0700, David wrote:
> > Can someone suggest a špassword storage program that is safe to download? I
> > tried the free Access Manager download but the popup warning from Microsoft
> > scared me into not running it. Thank you.

> What warning was that exactly? Microsoft does not put such specific warning
> messages into their products.

It is not safe to store passwords on your computer, it is not
recomended.
The message that you got from MS about the Product if earning message
that is telling you that the program is not recomended to run. It's up
to you to choose either to run it or not.

MSCDT Pro
JohnDavid

RE: Is it safe-Access Manager Password Storage program
I've been using Password Safe for years; on W2K, XP and Vista.
Straightforward, robust and with a reasonable amount of features.

A recent exchange on the NAISG (National Information Security Group) forum
on this very question, resulted in the following suggestions:
Password Safe (again); availabe on SourceForge.net
KeePass; availabe on SourceForge.net
Comodo i-Vault; availble from Comodo site, Download.com, etc.

The issue from another responder about not storing password on your computer
is valid; but of course many do. KeePass has a version that can be run from
a USB key drive.

"David" wrote:

> Can someone suggest a password storage program that is safe to download? I
> tried the free Access Manager download but the popup warning from Microsoft
> scared me into not running it. Thank you.
> --
> David

SG

Re: Is it safe-Access Manager Password Storage program
http://www.pwdsaver.com/

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/