RSAT for Windows Vista - Seriously now...

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Sean Watson

RSAT for Windows Vista - Seriously now...
Hi

I originally ran Vista Business when it was first released to SA customrs
more than a year ago. I battled it out with application compatibility issues
and NO remote admin tools for servers. I gave up after a month. I took the
plunge again about 5 months ago when I heard about RSAT for Windows Vista.

The Betra was only open to Technet plus customers, but as we were concluding
our previous agreement and signing up for the new one, the program benefits
were a little muddled and I got there too late. By the time i got on to MSDN
Connect, the Beta had been closed and SP1 has been released. Sysadmins were
then promised the tool "shortly after the Windows 2008 Server launch". This
has come and gone with no announcements to customers.

I have a team of sysadmins ready to turf Vista and return to XP again
(myself included). Is there a site or blog that shows the progress or even
an official release date for this tool? Seriously now, it has been more than
a year since the Vista release.

Thanks,
Sean
Richard G. Harper

Re: RSAT for Windows Vista - Seriously now...
Microsoft advises that the product will be released April 1st.

Google to the rescue. :-)

"Sean Watson" <SeanWatson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I originally ran Vista Business when it was first released to SA customrs
> more than a year ago. I battled it out with application compatibility
> issues
> and NO remote admin tools for servers. I gave up after a month. I took
> the
> plunge again about 5 months ago when I heard about RSAT for Windows Vista.
>
> The Betra was only open to Technet plus customers, but as we were
> concluding
> our previous agreement and signing up for the new one, the program
> benefits
> were a little muddled and I got there too late. By the time i got on to
> MSDN
> Connect, the Beta had been closed and SP1 has been released. Sysadmins
> were
> then promised the tool "shortly after the Windows 2008 Server launch".
> This
> has come and gone with no announcements to customers.
>
> I have a team of sysadmins ready to turf Vista and return to XP again
> (myself included). Is there a site or blog that shows the progress or
> even
> an official release date for this tool? Seriously now, it has been more
> than
> a year since the Vista release.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

Mark

Re: RSAT for Windows Vista - Seriously now...
"Microsoft plans to release a Vista version of RSAT shortly after Service
Pack 1 becomes available."
(Of course, this comment was dated Jun 26, 2007.)

"Sean Watson" <SeanWatson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I originally ran Vista Business when it was first released to SA customrs
> more than a year ago. I battled it out with application compatibility
> issues
> and NO remote admin tools for servers. I gave up after a month. I took
> the
> plunge again about 5 months ago when I heard about RSAT for Windows Vista.
>
> The Betra was only open to Technet plus customers, but as we were
> concluding
> our previous agreement and signing up for the new one, the program
> benefits
> were a little muddled and I got there too late. By the time i got on to
> MSDN
> Connect, the Beta had been closed and SP1 has been released. Sysadmins
> were
> then promised the tool "shortly after the Windows 2008 Server launch".
> This
> has come and gone with no announcements to customers.
>
> I have a team of sysadmins ready to turf Vista and return to XP again
> (myself included). Is there a site or blog that shows the progress or
> even
> an official release date for this tool? Seriously now, it has been more
> than
> a year since the Vista release.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

Sean Watson

Re: RSAT for Windows Vista - Seriously now...
Hi Richard, thanks for the response. Google netted me the same response as
Mark below you. Your answer has me feeling relieved, but one cannot help
wondering... April Fools day...