after windows firewall putting off on windows vista unable to access network and unable to on windows firewall

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Gurbatullah Khan

after windows firewall putting off on windows vista unable to access network and unable to on windows firewall
Dear All,

I am having Windows 2003 Server Prent and chield domain structure , we
installed windows vista machines and joiend to domain,
after joining to doamin if we put off the windows firewall and reboot the
machine. we are not able to access the network.
network icon is showing red cross mark .if we tried to put on firewall its
not comming on showing firewall service is not on.
if i try to start firewall service its not starting.
its showing 1068 error .

Thanks & Regards
Gurbatullah Khan

Jesper

RE: after windows firewall putting off on windows vista unable to acce
How exactly did you disable the Windows Firewall?
---

"Gurbatullah Khan" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am having Windows 2003 Server Prent and chield domain structure , we
> installed windows vista machines and joiend to domain,
> after joining to doamin if we put off the windows firewall and reboot the
> machine. we are not able to access the network.
> network icon is showing red cross mark .if we tried to put on firewall its
> not comming on showing firewall service is not on.
> if i try to start firewall service its not starting.
> its showing 1068 error .
>

> Thanks & Regards
> Gurbatullah Khan

Gurbatullah Khan

Re: after windows firewall putting off on windows vista unable to acce
Hi,

After joining to domain , I went to firewall settings and put off the
windows firewall. and rebooted the machine, after rebooting
when machine comes up now it not on the network ,on network icon its showing
the red cross mark and not getting the ip address from dhcp server. when
when I tried to on the windows firewall its not comming up and error msg
unable to start windows firewall services. when I tried to start this
service manually its giving the error no 1068 .

Even I removed the machine from Domin back to standalone same problem .

Regards
Gurbatullah Khan

"Jesper" <Jesper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How exactly did you disable the Windows Firewall?
> ---
> Your question may already be answered in Windows Vista Security:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...otectyourwi-20
>

> "Gurbatullah Khan" wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am having Windows 2003 Server Prent and chield domain structure , we
>> installed windows vista machines and joiend to domain,
>> after joining to doamin if we put off the windows firewall and reboot the
>> machine. we are not able to access the network.
>> network icon is showing red cross mark .if we tried to put on firewall
>> its
>> not comming on showing firewall service is not on.
>> if i try to start firewall service its not starting.
>> its showing 1068 error .
>>

>> Thanks & Regards
>> Gurbatullah Khan

Jesper

Re: after windows firewall putting off on windows vista unable to
There are many different versions of the Firewall settings, and they have
different effects. We really need to know the exact steps you took. The
problem seems to be that some service has failed to start, but exactly why is
unclear.

Can you go to the System Event Log and look for any error messages from the
Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider? We would need all the information
in any error events that have to do with any of these services:

Base Filtering Engine
Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall Authorization Driver
Remote Procedure Call
DCOM Server Process Launcher

You may have managed to disable something that was needed here. For example,
the Windows Firewall service is still needed, even if the firewall is
disabled.

---