Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Nubie

Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser

Hi

I have a single (lone) windows Vista machine connected directly to the
internet via a dsl modem. I just viewed the following in my eventlogs:

"The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer
that
currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS. My machine is NOT
called JAYS."

What is happening here!!?? If my machine is connected to a DSL modem with
no additional
machines connected to that modem why is this message appearing ???? What is
happening here ??

.Joe

Re: Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser

Nubie;642434 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a single (lone) windows Vista machine connected directly to the
> internet via a dsl modem. I just viewed the following in my eventlogs:
>
> "The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The
> computer
> that
> currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS. My machine is NOT
> called JAYS."
>
> What is happening here!!?? If my machine is connected to a DSL modem
> with
> no additional
> machines connected to that modem why is this message appearing ????
> What is
> happening here ??

It sounds like there may be some settings in your DSL modem that need
to be updated.

Try pointing your browser to http://192.168.1.1

That should take you to the adminsitrative control panel for your DSL
device. You'll need the administrator login, but can try one of the
defaults which is username = admin, password = admin. If this doesn't
work, contact your DSL provider for assistance.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
Nubie

Re: Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser
What should I be looking for in the Settings?

ALSO: How would the config of my DSL modem confuse my vista machine to think
that there is another computer called JAYS on my local network.

".Joe" <Joe.3638r5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Nubie;642434 Wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a single (lone) windows Vista machine connected directly to the
>> internet via a dsl modem. I just viewed the following in my eventlogs:
>>
>> "The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The
>> computer
>> that
>> currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS. My machine is NOT
>> called JAYS."
>>
>> What is happening here!!?? If my machine is connected to a DSL modem
>> with
>> no additional
>> machines connected to that modem why is this message appearing ????
>> What is
>> happening here ??

> It sounds like there may be some settings in your DSL modem that need
> to be updated.
>
> Try pointing your browser to http://192.168.1.1
>
> That should take you to the adminsitrative control panel for your DSL
> device. You'll need the administrator login, but can try one of the
> defaults which is username = admin, password = admin. If this doesn't
> work, contact your DSL provider for assistance.
>

> --
> Joe
>
> _[image:
> http://uswave.net/joetmvx64.png]
> (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> _CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_

Malke

Nubie wrote:

> What should I be looking for in the Settings?
>
> ALSO: How would the config of my DSL modem confuse my vista machine to
> think that there is another computer called JAYS on my local network.

>> Nubie;642434 Wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a single (lone) windows Vista machine connected directly to the
>>> internet via a dsl modem. I just viewed the following in my eventlogs:
>>>
>>> "The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The
>>> computer
>>> that
>>> currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS. My machine is NOT
>>> called JAYS."
>>>
>>> What is happening here!!?? If my machine is connected to a DSL modem
>>> with
>>> no additional
>>> machines connected to that modem why is this message appearing ????
>>> What is
>>> happening here ??

It certainly seems as though someone else is on your network. Is this a
combination modem/wireless router? If yes, you probably haven't secured
your wireless properly and a stranger is using your bandwidth. If you only
have a single computer connected directly to a DSL modem by ethernet cable
(no wireless router), then call your ISP. Because you don't really know
what you're looking at - and I mean no disrespect to you, I'm just being
practical - it might be smart for you to have a computer professional come
on-site and take a look. This will not be someone from a
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place. Get recommendations from friends,
family, colleagues.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Nubie

Re: Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser
My (lone) machine is connected directly to the DSL router with no wireless
capabilities on the router. Despite this I get the following message in the
event log:

The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer
that currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS.

Once again, my computer is not called JAYS. Friends and family are not
Vista Security experts. Looking for capable / expert advice from this
forum.

What are the possible explanations for this???

> Nubie wrote:
>
>> What should I be looking for in the Settings?
>>
>> ALSO: How would the config of my DSL modem confuse my vista machine to
>> think that there is another computer called JAYS on my local network.

> It certainly seems as though someone else is on your network. Is this a
> combination modem/wireless router? If yes, you probably haven't secured
> your wireless properly and a stranger is using your bandwidth. If you only
> have a single computer connected directly to a DSL modem by ethernet cable
> (no wireless router), then call your ISP. Because you don't really know
> what you're looking at - and I mean no disrespect to you, I'm just being
> practical - it might be smart for you to have a computer professional come
> on-site and take a look. This will not be someone from a
> BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place. Get recommendations from
> friends,
> family, colleagues.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Dave

Re: Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser
What shows up in Start - Network?

"Nubie" <newsgoup_contact@atigen.com> wrote in message
> My (lone) machine is connected directly to the DSL router with no wireless
> capabilities on the router. Despite this I get the following message in
> the event log:
>
> The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer
> that currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS.
>
> Once again, my computer is not called JAYS. Friends and family are not
> Vista Security experts. Looking for capable / expert advice from this
> forum.
>
> What are the possible explanations for this???
>

> "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Nubie wrote:
>>
>>> What should I be looking for in the Settings?
>>>
>>> ALSO: How would the config of my DSL modem confuse my vista machine to
>>> think that there is another computer called JAYS on my local network.

>> It certainly seems as though someone else is on your network. Is this a
>> combination modem/wireless router? If yes, you probably haven't secured
>> your wireless properly and a stranger is using your bandwidth. If you
>> only
>> have a single computer connected directly to a DSL modem by ethernet
>> cable
>> (no wireless router), then call your ISP. Because you don't really know
>> what you're looking at - and I mean no disrespect to you, I'm just being
>> practical - it might be smart for you to have a computer professional
>> come
>> on-site and take a look. This will not be someone from a
>> BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place. Get recommendations from
>> friends,
>> family, colleagues.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> Don't Panic!

Bob F.

Re: Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser
Where did you get the setup information for your internet connection? Did
you use a static IP? Maybe it's incorrect and you are encroaching onto
someone else's IP space.

--
BobF.
"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> What shows up in Start - Network?
>

> "Nubie" <newsgoup_contact@atigen.com> wrote in message
>> My (lone) machine is connected directly to the DSL router with no
>> wireless capabilities on the router. Despite this I get the following
>> message in the event log:
>>
>> The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer
>> that currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS.
>>
>> Once again, my computer is not called JAYS. Friends and family are not
>> Vista Security experts. Looking for capable / expert advice from this
>> forum.
>>
>> What are the possible explanations for this???
>>

>> "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>> It certainly seems as though someone else is on your network. Is this a
>>> combination modem/wireless router? If yes, you probably haven't secured
>>> your wireless properly and a stranger is using your bandwidth. If you
>>> only
>>> have a single computer connected directly to a DSL modem by ethernet
>>> cable
>>> (no wireless router), then call your ISP. Because you don't really know
>>> what you're looking at - and I mean no disrespect to you, I'm just being
>>> practical - it might be smart for you to have a computer professional
>>> come
>>> on-site and take a look. This will not be someone from a
>>> BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place. Get recommendations from
>>> friends,
>>> family, colleagues.
>>>
>>> Malke
>>> --
>>> MS-MVP
>>> Elephant Boy Computers
>>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>>> Don't Panic!

Nubie

Re: Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser
I am not certain what was showing up in Network at the time this error showd
up in the log (about 1 week ago). At the moment the Network shows only my
machine.

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> What shows up in Start - Network?
>

> "Nubie" <newsgoup_contact@atigen.com> wrote in message
>> My (lone) machine is connected directly to the DSL router with no
>> wireless capabilities on the router. Despite this I get the following
>> message in the event log:
>>
>> The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer
>> that currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS.
>>
>> Once again, my computer is not called JAYS. Friends and family are not
>> Vista Security experts. Looking for capable / expert advice from this
>> forum.
>>
>> What are the possible explanations for this???
>>

>> "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>> It certainly seems as though someone else is on your network. Is this a
>>> combination modem/wireless router? If yes, you probably haven't secured
>>> your wireless properly and a stranger is using your bandwidth. If you
>>> only
>>> have a single computer connected directly to a DSL modem by ethernet
>>> cable
>>> (no wireless router), then call your ISP. Because you don't really know
>>> what you're looking at - and I mean no disrespect to you, I'm just being
>>> practical - it might be smart for you to have a computer professional
>>> come
>>> on-site and take a look. This will not be someone from a
>>> BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place. Get recommendations from
>>> friends,
>>> family, colleagues.
>>>
>>> Malke
>>> --
>>> MS-MVP
>>> Elephant Boy Computers
>>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>>> Don't Panic!

Nubie

Re: Single Vista machine connected to DSL modem getting conflict with another computer claiming to be master Browser
No its a dynamic IP Address assigned by my ISP

I have attached all of the event log in the 3 hours around the time of the
browser conflict below. Im not sure if this contains any other information
which might give a clue as to what is going on.

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Information 3/5/2008 12:32:30 PM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 12:27:30 PM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 12:22:30 PM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 12:17:30 PM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 12:12:30 PM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 12:11:07 PM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 12:10:11 PM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 12:07:30 PM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 12:02:30 PM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 12:00:46 PM EventLog 6013 None The system uptime is
57335 seconds.
Information 3/5/2008 11:57:30 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 11:52:30 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 11:48:19 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 11:47:30 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 11:43:09 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 11:42:30 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 11:37:59 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 11:37:30 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 11:32:49 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 11:32:41 AM Microsoft-Windows-User-PnP 20003 None
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service tunnel for Device
Instance ID ROOT\*6TO4MP\0001 with the following status: 0.
Information 3/5/2008 11:32:30 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 11:32:26 AM Tcpip 4201 None The system detected that
network adapter Local Area Connection was connected to the network, and has
initiated normal operation.
Information 3/5/2008 11:32:26 AM Tcpip 4201 None The system detected that
network adapter Local Area Connection was connected to the network, and has
initiated normal operation.
Information 3/5/2008 11:28:17 AM BROWSER 8033 None The browser has forced an
election on network
\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{6C1B0769-602C-49AD-95C1-0AD3B66DA864} because a master
browser was stopped.
Information 3/5/2008 11:24:52 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 11:24:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 11:19:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 11:14:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 11:09:56 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 11:09:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 11:08:55 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 11:08:22 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 11:05:06 AM volsnap 33 None The oldest shadow copy of
volume C: was deleted to keep disk space usage for shadow copies of volume
C: below the user defined limit.
Information 3/5/2008 11:04:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 10:59:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 10:54:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 10:49:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 10:45:09 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Error 3/5/2008 10:45:09 AM BROWSER 8009 None The browser was unable to
promote itself to master browser. The computer that currently believes it
is the master browser is JAYS.
Information 3/5/2008 10:44:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 10:39:59 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:39:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 10:34:49 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:34:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 10:29:38 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:29:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 10:24:28 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:24:21 AM Microsoft-Windows-User-PnP 20003 None
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service tunnel for Device
Instance ID ROOT\*6TO4MP\0001 with the following status: 0.
Information 3/5/2008 10:24:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 10:24:06 AM Tcpip 4201 None The system detected that
network adapter Local Area Connection was connected to the network, and has
initiated normal operation.
Information 3/5/2008 10:24:06 AM Tcpip 4201 None The system detected that
network adapter Local Area Connection was connected to the network, and has
initiated normal operation.
Information 3/5/2008 10:18:41 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
Error 3/5/2008 10:17:06 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:16:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 10:11:54 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:11:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Error 3/5/2008 10:06:42 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:06:09 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1103 None
Your computer was successfully assigned an address from the network, and it
can now connect to other computers.
Information 3/5/2008 10:05:43 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 10:05:33 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 10:05:26 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 10:02:39 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 10:02:11 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 10:01:36 AM Microsoft-Windows-User-PnP 20003 None
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service tunnel for Device
Instance ID ROOT\*6TO4MP\0001 with the following status: 0.
Error 3/5/2008 10:01:30 AM netbt 4321 None "The name ""WORKGROUP :1d""
could not be registered on the interface with IP address 68.127.186.115. The
computer with the IP address 68.127.186.255 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."
Information 3/5/2008 10:01:17 AM Microsoft-Windows-User-PnP 20003 None
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service tunnel for Device
Instance ID ROOT\*ISATAP\0002 with the following status: 0.
Error 3/5/2008 10:01:08 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1002 None The IP
address lease 192.168.1.64 for the Network Card with network address
0016D3A2E7AD has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.0.1 (The DHCP Server
sent a DHCPNACK message).
Warning 3/5/2008 10:01:08 AM Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client 1003 None "The
description for Event ID 1003 from source Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client
cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not
installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can
install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to
be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

0016D3A2E7AD
%%2163146757

The description string for parameter reference (%1) could not be found
"
Information 3/5/2008 10:00:52 AM Tcpip 4201 None The system detected that
network adapter Local Area Connection was connected to the network, and has
initiated normal operation.
Information 3/5/2008 10:00:52 AM Tcpip 4201 None The system detected that
network adapter Local Area Connection was connected to the network, and has
initiated normal operation.
Information 3/5/2008 9:57:44 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 9:57:37 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 9:52:42 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 9:52:35 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
LiveUpdate service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 9:38:26 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
Information 3/5/2008 9:37:56 AM Microsoft-Windows-User-PnP 20003 None Driver
Management has concluded the process to add Service tunnel for Device
Instance ID ROOT\*ISATAP\0002 with the following status: 0.
Information 3/5/2008 9:37:48 AM Service Control Manager 7036 None The
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service entered the running state.
Information 3/5/2008 9:37:39 AM Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter 1
None "The system has resumed from sleep.

Sleep Time: 3/5/2008 7:12:57 AM
Wake Time: 3/5/2008 5:37:34 PM

Wake Source: Unknown"
Information 3/5/2008 9:37:37 AM Tcpip 4201 None The system detected that

"Bob F." <bob@NOSPAN.com> wrote in message
> Where did you get the setup information for your internet connection? Did
> you use a static IP? Maybe it's incorrect and you are encroaching onto
> someone else's IP space.
>
> --
> BobF.
> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
>> What shows up in Start - Network?
>>

>> "Nubie" <newsgoup_contact@atigen.com> wrote in message
>>> My (lone) machine is connected directly to the DSL router with no
>>> wireless capabilities on the router. Despite this I get the following
>>> message in the event log:
>>>
>>> The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The
>>> computer that currently believes it is the master browser is JAYS.
>>>
>>> Once again, my computer is not called JAYS. Friends and family are not
>>> Vista Security experts. Looking for capable / expert advice from this
>>> forum.
>>>
>>> What are the possible explanations for this???

Nubie

Windows System Event Log
This is the Windows System Log in the 3 hour timeframe around this incident: