Help with a trojan

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Hope

Help with a trojan
I really need help. Everytime I get on the internet it tells me that my
computer was infected by an unknown trojan. My problem is I have all the
spyware and security and I don't know how it got on my computer. I don't know
who to get rid of it and it will not let me go to a different page on the
internet without telling me that everytime. Does anyone know what happened
and what I can do to get rid of it.
.Joe

Re: Help with a trojan

Hope;641145 Wrote:
> I really need help. Everytime I get on the internet it tells me that my
> computer was infected by an unknown trojan. My problem is I have all
> the
> spyware and security and I don't know how it got on my computer. I
> don't know
> who to get rid of it and it will not let me go to a different page on
> the
> internet without telling me that everytime. Does anyone know what
> happened
> and what I can do to get rid of it.

Hello. I'd download, install and run these utilities:

'The home of Spybot-S&D!'
(http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html)

'AVG Free Advisor - Free antivirus and anti-spyware downloads'
(http://free.grisoft.com/)

'Spyware Doctor - Best Spyware Removal. Free Trial Download.'
(http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/)

That should take of most evilware. Let us know if they work for you.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
Malke

Re: Help with a trojan
Hope wrote:

> I really need help. Everytime I get on the internet it tells me that my
> computer was infected by an unknown trojan. My problem is I have all the
> spyware and security and I don't know how it got on my computer. I don't
> know who to get rid of it and it will not let me go to a different page on
> the internet without telling me that everytime. Does anyone know what
> happened and what I can do to get rid of it.

It sounds like you are infected with one of the rogue antispyware programs.
Unfortunately, since you didn't tell us the name of the program that tells
you that your computer is infested and/or the name of the software it tries
to get you to buy (AntivirusGold, WinAntivirus, etc.) I can't give you
specific removal steps.

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

You can also check to see if there are targeted removal steps for your
malware here:
Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

When all else fails, run HijackThis and post your log in one of the
specialty forums listed at the first link above (not here, please).

Not all tools used will work in Vista and you will need to run them
elevated. If you are unable to remove the infection by following the
general steps, register at one of the HijackThis forums as suggested.

Standard disclaimer: I can't see and test your computer myself, so these are
just suggestions based on many years of being a professional computer tech;
suggestions based on what you've written. You should not take my
suggestions as a definitive diagnosis. If you can't do the work yourself
(and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea), take the
machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent
of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be
so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. If possible, have
all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers