DEFENDER NEEDS A SCAN EVERYDAY

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

optical

DEFENDER NEEDS A SCAN EVERYDAY
nearly everytime i start my pc i get the defender has not scanned for 11-15
days

like today i was working this morning
fired it back up tonight and it says defnder has not scanned for 10 days
yet it was scanned yesterday quick and full scan as this problem happens
every other day

HELP
Brink

Re: DEFENDER NEEDS A SCAN EVERYDAY

optical;639546 Wrote:
> nearly everytime i start my pc i get the defender has not scanned for
> 11-15
> days
>
> like today i was working this morning
> fired it back up tonight and it says defnder has not scanned for 10
> days
> yet it was scanned yesterday quick and full scan as this problem
> happens
> every other day
>

> HELP

Hi Optical,

Are you or some 3rd party program clearing the History of Windows
Defender? This will cause the message that you are seeing.

The popular program CCleaner has a option to clean the History of
Windows Defender if you do not uncheck it in the Applications tab under
Cleaner.

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Charlie42

"optical" <optical@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> nearly everytime i start my pc i get the defender has not scanned for
> 11-15 days
>
> like today i was working this morning
> fired it back up tonight and it says defnder has not scanned for 10
> days yet it was scanned yesterday quick and full scan as this problem
> happens every other day

Do you regularly use a cleanup tool? In that case, make sure it does not
clear the Windows Defender logs.

Charlie42

optical

Re: DEFENDER NEEDS A SCAN EVERYDAY
thanks a bunch guys

optical;640721 Wrote:
> thanks a bunch guys
>
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > optical;639546 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Optical,
> > >
> > > Are you or some 3rd party program clearing the History of Windows
> > > Defender? This will cause the message that you are seeing.
> > >
> > > The popular program CCleaner has a option to clean the History of
> > > Windows Defender if you do not uncheck it in the Applications tab

> > under
> > > Cleaner.
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Your welcome Optical.