privacy & security problems with vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

MC1

privacy & security problems with vista
I have recently bought a new lap top and installed vista. I am on a broadband
wireless connection along with my partner. I have ensured I am the
Administrator and have a password to open my computer. There are no other
users on the computer at this time.

My problem is that my partner can somehow access my computer and see what I
am doing on his computer - I saw him looking at a document I was in the
middle of writing - only on his lap top!

How can I block him from doing this without also blocking my connection to
the internet? - I say this as when I have tried various suggestions I am no
longer able to access the web. I have also tried various security firewalls
etc as well as windows - and this has the same affect - major problems with
getting online.
Bob F.

Re: privacy & security problems with vista
"MC1" <MC1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently bought a new lap top and installed vista. I am on a
>broadband
> wireless connection along with my partner. I have ensured I am the
> Administrator and have a password to open my computer. There are no other
> users on the computer at this time.
>
> My problem is that my partner can somehow access my computer and see what
> am doing on his computer - I saw him looking at a document I was in the
> middle of writing - only on his lap top!
>
> How can I block him from doing this without also blocking my connection to
> the internet? - I say this as when I have tried various suggestions I am
> no
> longer able to access the web. I have also tried various security
> firewalls
> etc as well as windows - and this has the same affect - major problems
> with
> getting online.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center and...
1. turn off File Sharing
or 2. Turn on Password Protected sharing

--
BobF.

Basheer

Re: privacy & security problems with vista

When im running an enumeration on my laptop from my other computer i get
all info that about services and so on the question is how do i set so
that my computer dont tell anything with policys or in register.

--
Basheer