Windows Security Icon in New Downloaded Programs Shortcut

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Dave

Windows Security Icon in New Downloaded Programs Shortcut
Hi,
I've just downloaded a free CAD program - popular one - A9Cad - and the
shortcut has on it a security icon. Obviously this has something to do with a
secuity issue but I don't know what. I've checked permissions etc, and the
only thing that seems different to other securities with shortcuts to other
programs is the addition of INTERACTIVE to group or user names. Is this a
problem? Does anyone know of a security problem with this program or is it a
permissions issue that I can fix (if so, how?)
Dave
Dwarf

RE: Windows Security Icon in New Downloaded Programs Shortcut
Hi Dave,

The security icon you mention is a small shield. It indicates that when you
run the program you will need to provide administrative credentials.
Dwarf

"Dave" wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just downloaded a free CAD program - popular one - A9Cad - and the
> shortcut has on it a security icon. Obviously this has something to do with a
> secuity issue but I don't know what. I've checked permissions etc, and the
> only thing that seems different to other securities with shortcuts to other
> programs is the addition of INTERACTIVE to group or user names. Is this a
> problem? Does anyone know of a security problem with this program or is it a
> permissions issue that I can fix (if so, how?)
> Dave

Dave

RE: Windows Security Icon in New Downloaded Programs Shortcut
Dwarf,
Oh, is that all - thanks, I was worried there for a bit - simple really
isn',t it.
Again - many thanks
--
Dave