norton enternet security

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

julgha

norton enternet security
Hi,
I have new norton enternet security but i see that is not able to remove
spywares from my Pc. i still getting message that my Pc is infected. Can some
one help me please.
JULGHA
Kayman

Re: norton enternet security
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:19:01 -0800, julgha wrote:

> Hi,
> I have new norton enternet security but i see that is not able to remove
> spywares from my Pc. i still getting message that my Pc is infected. Can some
> one help me please.

The retail version of Norton can play havoc with your pc. Uninstall it
using Norton's own uninstall tool
and get a refund
As suggested on the site, you may wish to print out the directions before
proceeding.
Or
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Norton_Rem...NRT_d4749.html

If the Norton removal tool doesn't work satisfactory use this:
Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Remove unwanted programs and traces easily
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
and/or
RegSeeker
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
RegSeeker will remove all associated detritus (registry keys,files and
folders) from any application. I found this application user friendly and
very effective but suggest *not* to use the 'Clean the Registry' option.
Click onto 'Find in registry' and in the 'Search for' box type *Norton*;
The pertinent registry keys can then be safely deleted (just in case,
ensure that the 'Backup before deletion' is checked). Repeat the task by
typing in the Search for' box *Symantec*. You can then go on search and
remove associated files as well.
Then use NTREGOPT to compact the registry; Follow instructions.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt

Avira AntiVir® PersonalEdition Classic - Free
http://www.free-av.com/antivirus/allinonen.html

Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition
(Choose Custom Installation and under Resident
Protection, uncheck: Internet Mail and Outlook/Exchange.)

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
http://free.grisoft.com/
(Choose custom install and untick the email scanner plugin.)

Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 7.0 - Not Free
http://www.kaspersky.com/homeuser

ESET NOD32 Antivirus - Not Free
http://www.eset.com/
Have you seen these "extra settings for NOD32"?
SG

Re: norton enternet security
Hi,

I completely agree with Kayman about getting rid of ANYTHING Norton. Do
yourself and your PC a favor, uninstall that crapware. Now on to your
problem with the error message. Is Norton giving your that message about
being infected? or is this a pop-up window telling you this?

If you get Norton off then I'd suggest either of the two Antivirus programs,
but not both.

Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
http://free.grisoft.com/

For your Spyware apps I'd suggest the following....
SUPERAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html
Your choice of the FREE version or the paid Pro version.

Ad-Aware 2007 Free
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Spybot - Search & Destroy

All the best,
SG

ALEX NICHOL
(1935-2005)
http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
You will never be forgotten my friend

"julgha" <julgha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have new norton enternet security but i see that is not able to remove
> spywares from my Pc. i still getting message that my Pc is infected. Can
> some
> one help me please.
> JULGHA

Engel

RE: norton enternet security
Hello JULGHA,

Download SUPERAntiSpyware Version: 3.9.1008 (Free for Home users)
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
- -- ---

"julgha" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have new norton enternet security but i see that is not able to remove
> spywares from my Pc. i still getting message that my Pc is infected. Can some
> one help me please.
> JULGHA

frizzie

Re: norton enternet security

Hi folks -- newbie here:

Norton Internet Security came preinstalled on my HP Pavillian machine
running Vista Home Premium 64 bit version. I have it free for another
30 days (had a 60 day free trial).

Why do most of you dislike this program? So far it seems to be
working find (maybe I just think its working).

I hate the thot of having to remove it because I know from past
experience with Norton Systemworks on my win98se and winXP machines it
was incredibly intertwined with the OS. It worked find tho.

What's wrong with Norton's Internet Security program?

Thanx

--
frizzie
midway

Re: norton enternet security
Nothing but old fashioned prejudice. If I believed half the things that
were said about Vista I wouldn't never had gotten it. Same goes for the
platitudes from the Norton bashers. But I am able to make up *my* own mind
on both and couldn't be happier (never had ANY kind of infection with the
Vista UAC/NIS combo in over a year). I do run SAS and PrevxCSI at times but
never find nothing more than a few cookies.

So I ignore the "cut and paste" replies in this group. It is like listening
to a record that is stuck, lol.

"frizzie" <frizzie.35m660@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> What's wrong with Norton's Internet Security program?
>
> Thanx
>

> --
> frizzie

JDa™©

Re: norton enternet security
midway, did transcribed the following::
> Nothing but old fashioned prejudice. If I believed half the things
> that were said about Vista I wouldn't never had gotten it. Same goes
> for the platitudes from the Norton bashers. But I am able to make up
> *my* own mind on both and couldn't be happier (never had ANY kind of
> infection with the Vista UAC/NIS combo in over a year). I do run SAS
> and PrevxCSI at times but never find nothing more than a few cookies.
>
> So I ignore the "cut and paste" replies in this group. It is like
> listening to a record that is stuck, lol.
>
> "frizzie" <frizzie.35m660@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>> What's wrong with Norton's Internet Security program?
>>
>> Thanx
>>

>> --
>> frizzie

I second this! I've used Norton products ever since the start of
Utilities in the DOS world, and have never had any problems. Yes, some
of there products have needed more RAM to get things to work better, but
thats true with a lot of products. As far as the Virus and other
security products are concerned, you have to look at the update policy's
and the cost. Norton's Internet Security is updated/ungraded in a
timely manner, and my yearly cost is only $40 bucks. A friend who has
the corresponding Mac-a-fees product. gets good service and
updates/upgrades, pays $50 a year, but has also had one virus that got
past all his protection. Maybe it was just timing, and it got to him
before they could get the updates out to him, I don't know.
What does all this say!: "You pays your money, You take your chances!"
I'd rather have the protection that be without. And in your case, keep
NIS. Like you said, trying to uninstall is a headache to be avoided,
plus it works.

--

Sincerely, | (©) (©)
JDa™© | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b |
0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
| "Wisdom begins when you discover the difference between |
| 'That doesn't make sense' and 'I don't understand.' " |
| Children of God, by Mary Doria Russell |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

julgha

"julgha" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have new norton enternet security but i see that is not able to remove
> spywares from my Pc. i still getting message that my Pc is infected. Can some
> one help me please.
> JULGHA

I did all you said in forum to help me to remove spywares from my Pc.I
have: Norton internet security, Panda,Spypot & destroy, SuperAnti Spyware
BUT MICROSOFT SECURITY CENTER STILL SENDING ME A MESSAGE THAT I HAV MY PC
INFECTED WHAT CAN I DO?
Mick Murphy

RE: norton enternet security
It is NOT widows security sending you that message!!!!
It is spyware.

Reboot your computer, tap F8 right at startup, and go into Safe Mode.
Rescan your computer with Spybot Search & destroy, and your Anti-virus while
there.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"julgha" wrote:

> "julgha" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have new norton enternet security but i see that is not able to remove
> > spywares from my Pc. i still getting message that my Pc is infected. Can some
> > one help me please.
> > JULGHA

> I did all you said in forum to help me to remove spywares from my Pc.I
> have: Norton internet security, Panda,Spypot & destroy, SuperAnti Spyware
> BUT MICROSOFT SECURITY CENTER STILL SENDING ME A MESSAGE THAT I HAV MY PC
> INFECTED WHAT CAN I DO?

don_b_1

"frizzie" wrote:

> What's wrong with Norton's Internet Security program?

I've been using NAV on my computers since the early 90's and have never had
a virus or worm while using it. I still use NAV 2004 on this one and I have
Norton Internet Security 2008 on the laptop.

So far I see nothing wrong with NIS 2008 other than if it crashes and has to
be reloaded, you don't get an automatic 1 year extension on your
subscription like you do with NAV.

Norton does crash a lot but as a consequence, I've been using NAV 2004 since
2004 and have only paid for two subscription renewals. Now I'm updated til
2/27/2009 thanks to a recent hardware change and reinstall.

Best thing about Norton is does the job you pay it to do and it does it very
well. No question.