Firewall will not stay on

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

P.Bev

Firewall will not stay on
I have a Acer notebook. It had Norton security already installed. I removed
this recently and put a AVG anti virus on. This seems to be fine. What I am
finding is that when I turn on the computer the Firewall is off. I then reset
it to on but again it is off on start up.
This did not happen when Norton was installed.

Bob

Re: Firewall will not stay on
Did you use the Norton Removal Tool?

"Bob" wrote:

> Did you use the Norton Removal Tool?
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
>
> "P.Bev" <P.Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Acer notebook. It had Norton security already installed. I removed
> > this recently and put a AVG anti virus on. This seems to be fine. What I
> > am
> > finding is that when I turn on the computer the Firewall is off. I then
> > reset
> > it to on but again it is off on start up.
> > This did not happen when Norton was installed.
> >

> Hi Bob,

I removed it using windows but noticed a update item that could not be
uninstalled.
I then used the Norton remover tool to remove every thing. this seems to
have have worked but the firewall still stays off on start up.
Bob

Re: Firewall will not stay on
Programs>Administrative Tools>Services. Click the Extended tab. Scroll down
to Windows Firewall (assuming that is your firewall). Right
click>Properties>select Automatic. On the Standard tab>Right click Windows
Firewall>select Start.

"Bob" wrote:

> Programs>Administrative Tools>Services. Click the Extended tab. Scroll down
> to Windows Firewall (assuming that is your firewall). Right
> click>Properties>select Automatic. On the Standard tab>Right click Windows
> Firewall>select Start.
>
> "P.Bev" <PBev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Bob" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you use the Norton Removal Tool?
> >> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
> >>
> >> "P.Bev" <P.Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> Hi Bob,

> > I removed it using windows but noticed a update item that could not be
> > uninstalled.
> > I then used the Norton remover tool to remove every thing. this seems to
> > have have worked but the firewall still stays off on start up.

> Hi, yes done that but still no luck.

Bob

Re: Firewall will not stay on
Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Programs>Administrative Tools>Services. Click the Extended tab. Scroll
>> down
>> to Windows Firewall (assuming that is your firewall). Right
>> click>Properties>select Automatic. On the Standard tab>Right click
>> Windows
>> Firewall>select Start.
>>
>> "P.Bev" <PBev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > I removed it using windows but noticed a update item that could not be
>> > uninstalled.
>> > I then used the Norton remover tool to remove every thing. this seems
>> > have have worked but the firewall still stays off on start up.

>> Hi, yes done that but still no luck.

Victek

Re: Firewall will not stay on

"P.Bev" <P.Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Acer notebook. It had Norton security already installed. I
> removed
> this recently and put a AVG anti virus on. This seems to be fine. What I
> am
> finding is that when I turn on the computer the Firewall is off. I then
> reset
> it to on but again it is off on start up.
> This did not happen when Norton was installed.

What does Firewall section in the Security Center say?

P.Bev

Re: Firewall will not stay on