security

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

julgha

security
hi,
I have Norton internet security in my PC but i still receiving message from
th PC that i have virus.What can be the problem or how can i do to remove
them.
JUlien
Engel

RE: security
Hello Julien,

Restart in safe mode and scan with both updated Norton , and Windows
Defender.

Use Disk Cleanup
Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Clean.
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/1264bc24-72a8-48aa-84e3-a355327139d91033.mspx>

Check for spyware, viruses etc.Make sure the system is totalling clean.
Download SUPERAntiSpyware Version: 3.9.1008 (Free for Home users)
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

On line scan with Ewido from HERE
<http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/>

Next Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner
<http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner>

Reboot

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the problem remains
- -- ---

"julgha" wrote:

> hi,
> I have Norton internet security in my PC but i still receiving message from
> th PC that i have virus.What can be the problem or how can i do to remove
> them.
> JUlien

Kayman

Re: security
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:15:02 -0800, julgha wrote:

> hi,
> I have Norton internet security in my PC but i still receiving message from
> th PC that i have virus.What can be the problem or how can i do to remove
> them.

On-line scanners are the most unsafe and next to useless. Because by the
time you've started your infected Windows and connected to the
Internet via this infected code base, and start to look for scanning sites
through infected DNS, you are almost certain to have the malware
perfectly positioned to overrule your attempts to clean it.
What happens if active malware is found? Don't expect that the on-line
scanner will do anything about it. Most of them are just just marketing
tools for selling you their products. Quite often, malware removal is far
from easy. Sometimes a resident AV can deal with it in Safe Mode.

David's Multi-AV is safer, because you don't have to be online to use it,
and it can be used in Safe Mode.

Download David H. Lipman's MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL:
http://www.pctipp.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
English:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...irus-for-free/
Further information can be found here:
ht
Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

It's safer still if you can avoid running any code from the infected system
at all, and that can be done by working from Bart CDR boot.
But that means having a clean system to build the Bart disk, and more to
the point, a fair bit of effort and technical fiddling.

Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Good luck
Hank Arnold (MVP)

Can we give meaningful subjects??
julgha wrote:
> hi,
> I have Norton internet security in my PC but i still receiving message from
> th PC that i have virus.What can be the problem or how can i do to remove
> them.
> JUlien

OK. time for my bi-monthly rant about subjects use in newsgroups....

<RANT ON>
Why can't folks use a subject that says something about the content of
the post??? Many of us follow dozens of newsgroups, RSS feeds and list
servs. This means that we see hundreds, if not thousands of posting a
day. I don't have the time (or energy) to read every post to see if it
is something that I might be able to learn from or assist in resolving a
problem. I depend on the subject to give me a hint in that area.

Tell me, what does "Security" as a subject tell me about a posting in
"...windows vista security" ng???? How about "Norton Internet Security
can't fix a virus"?
<RANT OFF>

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Seth

Re: Can we give meaningful subjects??
"Hank Arnold (MVP)" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> julgha wrote:
>> hi,
>> I have Norton internet security in my PC but i still receiving message
>> from th PC that i have virus.What can be the problem or how can i do to
>> remove them.
>> JUlien

> OK. time for my bi-monthly rant about subjects use in newsgroups....
>
> <RANT ON>
> Why can't folks use a subject that says something about the content of the
> post??? Many of us follow dozens of newsgroups, RSS feeds and list servs.
> This means that we see hundreds, if not thousands of posting a day. I
> don't have the time (or energy) to read every post to see if it is
> something that I might be able to learn from or assist in resolving a
> problem. I depend on the subject to give me a hint in that area.
>
> Tell me, what does "Security" as a subject tell me about a posting in
> "...windows vista security" ng???? How about "Norton Internet Security
> can't fix a virus"?
> <RANT OFF>

Agreed.

I skip over the posts with such meaningful subject headers as "HHHEEELLLPPP"
and the like.

laura

Re: security

"julgha" <julgha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I have Norton internet security in my PC but i still receiving message
> from
> th PC that i have virus.What can be the problem or how can i do to remove
> them.
> JUlien

I believe I would go on line and run a online scan, it could be spyware and
not a actual virus, I don't like nor tons so I don't use it but you might
try scanning with something else to double check it.
Hope this helps

Mirek

Re: security
laura wrote:

> "julgha" <julgha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hi,
>> I have Norton internet security in my PC but i still receiving message
>> from
>> th PC that i have virus.What can be the problem or how can i do to
>> remove
>> them.
>> JUlien

> I believe I would go on line and run a online scan, it could be spyware
> and not a actual virus, I don't like nor tons so I don't use it but you
> might try scanning with something else to double check it.
> Hope this helps

First disable system restore, some viruses use this function to load
itself on every boot.

Start your computer in Safe Mode and than run full system scan. I lot of
cases the virus can not be removed in normal mode.

Turn system restore on

If it wont help, use SUPERantisypware its software for removing spyware
home version is free. From my experience I can tell you that is
effective. For best results us it form safe mode.

The other way to remove virus is write down its name as displayed and
use Google or other search engine to find a removal instruction. In some
cases you can find simple software that will remove the virus (form
McAffe, Symantec and others) or detailed instruction what steps needs to
be taken to remove the virus. They not always work but its worth to try.

The worst case scenario is the system re-installation.