Re: Cannot use ie7 when logged on as a standard user??

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Re: Cannot use ie7 when logged on as a standard user??
[Crossposted to Vista Security newsgroup]

Stopped IE7 from doing what?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Nick wrote:
> I have Vista home premium and have an administrator account & a user
> accout
> set up with the user account controls on. When i log in as a standard user
> it ask's me for the admin password as the uac has stopped internet
> exploere
> 7. Can anyone help?

Nick

Re: Cannot use ie7 when logged on as a standard user??
It stops ie7 from loading unless i enter the admin. password when logged on
as a standard user.

The message i get is as follows when im logged in as an administrator.
Unidentified program wants access to your computer.
iexplore.exe

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crossposted to Vista Security newsgroup]
>
> Stopped IE7 from doing what?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Nick wrote:
> > I have Vista home premium and have an administrator account & a user
> > accout
> > set up with the user account controls on. When i log in as a standard user
> > it ask's me for the admin password as the uac has stopped internet
> > exploere
> > 7. Can anyone help?

Re: Cannot use ie7 when logged on as a standard user??
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware with
assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html,
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums for review
~PA Bear

Nick wrote:
> It stops ie7 from loading unless i enter the admin. password when logged
> on
> as a standard user.
>
> The message i get is as follows when im logged in as an administrator.
> Unidentified program wants access to your computer.
> iexplore.exe
>
>> [Crossposted to Vista Security newsgroup]
>>
>> Stopped IE7 from doing what?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Nick wrote:
>>> I have Vista home premium and have an administrator account & a user
>>> accout
>>> set up with the user account controls on. When i log in as a standard
>>> user
>>> it ask's me for the admin password as the uac has stopped internet
>>> exploere 7. Can anyone help?

Bob

Re: Cannot use ie7 when logged on as a standard user??
Right-click on the IE shortcut icon and select the Start without add-ons
option. You can then manage which add-ons are enabled, in Tools | Manage

Add-ons, after you've started IE7