Whats that software called?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Eskimosound

Whats that software called?
Hi, a while back I was sent an email by Microsoft telling me about some
software that would basically lock you compter so that you could use it but
not make any changes to it...it looked like it was aimed at public
libraries...

Any idea what it was called and where I can buy it?
Dave T.

Re: Whats that software called?
Eskimosound wrote:
> Hi, a while back I was sent an email by Microsoft telling me about some
> software that would basically lock you compter so that you could use it but
> not make any changes to it...it looked like it was aimed at public
> libraries...
>
> Any idea what it was called and where I can buy it?

I think this link is what you were describing.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...s/default.mspx

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin
Eskimosound

Re: Whats that software called?
Thankyou Dave T thats it!!!

Great Im going to try it now...do they make one that is Vista compatible?

Eskimosound wrote:
> Thankyou Dave T thats it!!!
>
> Great Im going to try it now...do they make one that is Vista compatible?
>
> "Dave T." wrote:
>
>> Eskimosound wrote:
>>> Hi, a while back I was sent an email by Microsoft telling me about some
>>> software that would basically lock you compter so that you could use it but
>>> not make any changes to it...it looked like it was aimed at public
>>> libraries...
>>>
>>> Any idea what it was called and where I can buy it?

>> I think this link is what you were describing.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...s/default.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Dave T.

The Vista app is in Beta right now, Ver. 2.5. I'm going to use it also,
but I will wait for full release. I only have one machine, and I don't
do beta's.

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin
Eskimosound

Re: Whats that software called?
I don't do Bets either, whilst googling I found something called Deep Freeze?
Have you heard of it and is it any good/better than Steady State?

Eskimosound wrote:
> I don't do Bets either, whilst googling I found something called Deep Freeze?
> Have you heard of it and is it any good/better than Steady State?
>
> "Dave T." wrote:
>
>> Eskimosound wrote:
>>> Thankyou Dave T thats it!!!
>>>
>>> Great Im going to try it now...do they make one that is Vista compatible?

>> The Vista app is in Beta right now, Ver. 2.5. I'm going to use it also,
>> but I will wait for full release. I only have one machine, and I don't
>> do beta's.
>>

>> --
>> Dave T.
>>
>> "Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
>> until they are seventy-five".
>> Benjamin Franklin

Never heard of it before, but it sounds like pretty much the same thing.
It's not too bad at 30-40 bucks, but steady state will be free. I know
it works because it is on my work station. Irritating as hell,
everything I do to improve that damn thing is gone when I get to work
the next day!